A selection of articles related to household servants.
Original articles from our library related to the Household Servants. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Household Servants.
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 8
- Chapter 8 8:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me. 8:2 And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs: 8:3 And the river shall...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Romans, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his...
New Testament >> Epistle to the Romans
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 44
- Chapter 44 44:1 And he commanded the steward of his house, saying, Fill the men's sacks with food, as much as they can carry, and put every man's money in his sack's mouth. 44:2 And put my cup, the silver cup, in the sack's mouth of the youngest, and his corn...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me. 9:2 For if thou refuse to let them go, and wilt hold them still, 9:3 Behold, the hand of the LORD...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 22
- Chapter 22 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 47
- Chapter 47 47:1 Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen. 47:2 And he took some of his...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 32
- Chapter 32 32:1 Now the children of Reuben and the children of Gad had a very great multitude of cattle: and when they saw the land of Jazer, and the land of Gilead, that, behold, the place was a place for cattle; 32:2 The children of Gad and the children of...
Old Testament >> Numbers
Household Servants is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Household Servants books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- "Servants these days, they have their own identity":: Masculinity
- Indian domestic servants, who reports primarily resignation and a surprising lack of This is a question that lies at the heart of scholarship on domestic servants.
- Case Studies on Domestic Servants: Reflections on Rural Poverty
- for the domestic servants. - Saubhagya Shah'. 2.
- DOMESTIC SERVANTS & HOME-CARE PROVIDERS AND
- coverage for domestic servants or any person whose employment is not in the domestic servant, meet the definition of domestic servant intended by the Act. 2.
Suggested News Resources
- A Satire: Serving the Nation, Republican-Style
- House Majority Leader Eric Cantor today introduced “The Household Job Creators Act of 2011,” which will provide employers with a 50 to 75 percent tax credit for wages paid to American-born household servants.
- Jesus Christ, Bondservant
- As the lowest of household servants, the bondslave had the distasteful job of washing the feet of anyone who entered the home. And this is the very task that Christ voluntarily performed that evening, right before His trial and sufferings would begin.
- Businessmen form SR120m recruitment firm
- "The company will supply not only household servants such as drivers and maids but also skilled workers," he explained. The new company will also provide housing and boarding facilities for workers throughout their stay in the Kingdom.
- Waking people to injustice
- The focus then was on foreign victims; women kidnapped, smuggled in and forced to work as household servants or prostitutes. "I wanted to make a video for the AAUW branches," she said. "But no one would fund me for anything.
- Uncovering the past at French Azilum: Unearthed cellar is that of slave cabin
- The slaves brought to French Azilum were considered household servants, Picou said.
Suggested Web Resources
- House Slaves
- Amazon.com: Costume of Household Servants (9780713613933
- Amazon.com: Costume of Household Servants (9780713613933): P. E.
- Prince William, Kate Postpone Hiring Household Servants
- Jun 15, 2011 An insider explains why Duchess Kate "doesn't want a housekeeper/dresser at Kensington Palace" just yet.