A selection of articles related to hugo wolf.
Original articles from our library related to the Hugo Wolf. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hugo Wolf.
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Beltane was a day representing many things to the Celtic people. It was the second of the four fire festivals. To most it celebrated the sun God, Baal(British)/ Bel(Irish)/ Beli(Welsh)/ Belanos(Pan-Celtic), although the sun appears to have been originally...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- The third rune of the third aett bears the reconstructed Common Germanic name Ehwaz. Later, its name became Aihws in Gothic (note how archaic Gothic is), and still later, Eh in Anglo-Saxon. If you remember that “k” in Indo-European changed to “h” in Germanic,...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 10
- Chapter 10 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 10:3 To him the...
New Testament >> John
Hugo Wolf is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hugo Wolf books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hugo Wolf's Der Feuerreiter: Text Painting and Form
- Der Feuerreiter is one of fifty-three songs composed by Hugo Wolf in 1888 on the . Maler Nolter , a set of poems written by Eduard Mörike in 1832.
- Hugo Wolf
- There is probably no greater song composer than Hugo Wolf although the American composer Ned Rorem is the finest composer of songs of our time.
- Hugo Wolf's Italienisches Liederbuch
- Hugo Wolf's Italienisches Liederbuch. Auch keine Dinge können uns entzücken.
Suggested News Resources
- Classical Music/Opera Listings for Aug. 26-Sept. 1
- On Saturday evening the soprano Nancy Allen Lundy and the baritone Philip Cutlip sing Hugo Wolf's “Italian Songbook,” and the pianist Babette Hierholzer plays a transcription of the Adagio from the Bruckner Symphony No. 7.
- Toccata Big Blue Summer MusicFest continues
- Soprano Anna Helwing joins the group for Hugo Wolf's “Auf ein Altes Bild” for soprano and wind quintet.
- Orcas Island chamber-music fest opens Aug. 12
- 19-20 lineup opens with both Parker brothers doing Gershwin's "Cuban Overture," followed by works of Prokofiev, Hugo Wolf, Piazzolla and a Christos Hatzis multimedia piece, "Old Photographs." Aug.
- Orgelnacht: Acht Organisten und Lieder von Hugo Wolf mm
- Orgelnacht in der Katholischen Kirche St. Maria-St. Vicelin eine musikalische Überraschung: Birgit Glatz aus Husberg sang nach der Pause Lieder von Hugo Wolf nach Texten von Eduard Möricke.
- Preview calendar: Clubs and concerts for Aug. 25-31
- Hugo Wolf Quartett ---- Viennese string quartet; 8 pm Oct. 21; Prebys Hall, UC San Diego, La Jolla; $50; artpower.ucsd.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hugo Wolf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hugo Wolf (13 March 1860 – 22 February 1903) was an Austrian composer of Slovene origin, particularly noted for his art songs, or lieder.
- Hugo Wolf
- From him Hugo learned the rudiments of the piano and the violin.
- Hugo Wolf – Free listening, videos, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last
- Watch videos & listen free to Hugo Wolf: Italian Serenade, Spanisches Liederbuch: In dem Schatten meiner Locken & more, plus 8 pictures.
- hugo wolf quartett // welcome
- Das 1993 in Wien gegründete Hugo Wolf Quartett gehört heute zweifelsohne zur Elite klassischer Kammermusikensembles.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Hugo Wolf Topics
Related searchesgriswold v connecticut prior history
inductance mutual inductance
aztec ceremonies and festivals
arkansas razorbacks famous players