A selection of articles related to humility.
Original articles from our library related to the Humility. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Humility.
- King James Bible: Colossians, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh; 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full...
New Testament >> Colossians
- What is Shamanic Healing?
- “Shamans heals themselves. By working through their pain, they learn to help others." -Wounded Healin' "But the primitive magician, the medicine man, or the shaman is not only a sick man; he is, above all, a sick man who has been cured, who has...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- The Charge of the Goddess
- Listen to the words of the Great Mother, who of old was called Artemis, Astarte, Dione, Melusine, Aphrodite, Ceridwen, Diana, Arionrhod, Brigid, and by many other names: "Whenever you have need of anything, once in the month, and better it be when the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- King James Bible: Acts, Chapter 20
- Chapter 20 20:1 And after the uproar was ceased, Paul called unto him the disciples, and embraced them, and departed for to go into Macedonia. 20:2 And when he had gone over those parts, and had given them much exhortation, he came into Greece, 20:3 And there...
New Testament >> The Acts
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- According to the writings of the monk, the seven sins were: gastrimargia; porneia; philargyria; lupē: orgē; akedia; kenodoxia; and hyperephania which when translated to Latin for Roman Catholicism are as follows:
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Humility is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Humility books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Cultural humility versus cultural competence: A critical distinction in
- Cultural humility versus cultural competence: A critical distinction in defi... Melanie Tervalon; Jann Murray-Garcia.
- Learning humility through history
- Learning Humility through Church History. A Warning and a Promise.
- Level 5 Leadership: The Triumph of Humility and Fierce Resolve
- of personal humility and professional will. They are timid and ferocious. individual who blends extreme personal humility with intense professional will.
- Humility. Extract from 'Awakening Cry' by Pete Greig. At the heart of every revival is the spirit of prayer (Arthur Wallis).
- 1 Humility As A Virtue In Teaching Humility is the most difficult of all
- to deny that a teacher should manifest humility towards his or her students.
Suggested News Resources
- Humility by the Pack
- Rookie relief pitchers are being forced to wear schoolgirl backpacks to transport gear and snacks to the bullpen. By ANDREW KEH Snarling relief pitchers see themselves as baseball's meanest breed.
- Taylor Swift Taps Hot Chelle Rae in LA [Oh, the Humility]
- Remember Hot Chelle Rae? No? Yes?
- Thor is hybridization of cinematic poetry and superhero mythology and it makes
- Redemption in the sense that Thor abandons his pride and gains humility while on earth. In order to gain his humility Thor must overcome several internal and external conflicts. Two of those afflictions being Loki and the Destroyer.
- Lizzy Hawker's 'courage and humility' in toughest ever Mont Blanc race
- Hawker, who was almost three hours ahead of the next fastest woman Nere Martinez Urruzola, said: “With a race like The North Face Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc you have to run with courage and humility.
- Cam Newton: Humility a Positive Sign for Panthers' Rookie QB
- This show of humility is a positive sign for Newton, who needs to not only show that he can be a quarterback in the NFL but a team leader as well.
Suggested Web Resources
- Humility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Humility (adjectival form: humble) is the quality of being modest, and respectful.
- Humility | Define Humility at Dictionary.com
- Humility definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Humility
- The word humility signifies lowliness or submissiveness an it is derived from the Latin humilitas or, as St. Thomas says, from humus, i.e.
- Humility as a virtue is a major theme of both the Old and New Testaments.
- Amazon.com: Humility: True Greatness (9781590523261): C. J.
- Be Transformed by Christ's Example “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” —1 Peter 5:5. A battle rages within every one of us every day.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.