A selection of articles related to hyades.
Original articles from our library related to the Hyades. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hyades.
- The Hyades
- Daughters of Atlas and Pleione, their number varies in the telling of the tale, usually it is five or seven. They are said to have been transformed into a tightly-knit group of stars upon their collective suicide in despair over the demise of their brother...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- The Pleiades
- The daughters of Atlas and Pleione. Transformed into a tightly-knit group of stars to evade capture by the Huntsman Orion, or, in a differing tradition, because of the despair they felt when their father was condemned to bear eternally aloft the Earth:...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Hyades is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hyades books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Exoplanet in the Hyades Star Cluster
- Astronomers have detected a transiting exoplanet around the red dwarf star K2-25 (circled) in the Hyades open star cluster. This view from the Digitized Sky Survey shows Gamma Tauri (brightest star), which sits near the base of the "horns" of Taurus.
- Newly discovered planet in the Hyades cluster could shed light on planetary
- The instrument's high resolution allows astronomers to rule out the chance that the star has a stellar companion, rather than an orbiting planet.
- The Moon Visits the Hyades Monday Night
- The moon will interact with the beautiful, V-shaped Hyades cluster on Presidents Day evening. If the skies are clear in your area on Feb.
- Hyades Cluster Yields a New Planet Orbiting a Red Dwarf Star
- The image above shows a cosmic vista that starts at the Pleiades and ends at the Hyades, two of the best known star clusters. The V-shaped Hyades cluster looks more spread out compared to the Pleiades and lies much closer, 150 light-years distant, ...
- Watch the Moon Beat a Path Across the Hyades Tonight
- “Once more, unto the breech…” Ready to brave the February cold and the ongoing arctic polar express? Tonight, North American skywatchers will witness an encore event, as the waxing gibbous Moon crosses the Hyades star cluster and – for a lucky few ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesrashomon film influence
st john philby philby plan
englyn englyn penfyr
10s events and trends
genie feral child
cliffhanger comics publications