A selection of articles related to hydra constellation.
Original articles from our library related to the Hydra Constellation. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hydra Constellation.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- ASTRONICA: Blessing or Nightmare for Astrology?
- If NASA's engineers only had eleventh-century astronomy knowledge, do you think they could have landed the "Rover" on Mars? If modern day astrophysicists could only make use of ancient Assyrian astronomy, do you think they would have been able to...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Sothis was the goddess personifying the dog-star Sirius, the bright appearance of which in the July dawn sky announced the annual flooding of the Nile. The Egyptian name of the goddess was "Sopdet", from which came the Greek Sothis, normally used in...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Hydra Constellation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hydra Constellation books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- HYDRA THE SERPENT
- German astronomer Johann Bayer (1572-1625), and the constellation is thus attributed to him.
- Constellation Legends
- Iolas seared it, thus defeating the Hydra, and Hera.
- Constellation of t Constellation of the Month he Month - Hydra
- Hydra is the. l a r g e s t constellation in the sky. Its head culminates at midnight at the end of January, and its tail culminates in April.
- A Collection of Curricula for the STARLAB Constellation Cylinder
- Of Special Note. Hydra is one of the longest constellations, stretching out for 100º across a full quarter of the sky.
- GUIDE TO THE CONSTELLATIONS
- CONSTELLATIONS BY SEASONS. Spring (Green). 1.
Suggested News Resources
- How Comets In Distant Solar Systems Could Deliver Oceans to Exoplanets
- Today's issue of the journal Science contains a paper describing cold water surrounding a young star called TW Hydrae, located in the Hydra constellation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hydra (constellation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hydra is the largest of the 88 modern constellations, measuring 1303 square degrees.
- Hydra Constellation on Top Astronomer
- Constellation Hydra in the night sky: brightest stars, notable galaxies, clusters, nebulae and other deep sky features.
- Hydra - The Constellations Web Page
- Like a number of other constellations, the Hydra concerns the story of Heracles' labours.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.