A selection of articles related to hymns.
Original articles from our library related to the Hymns. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hymns.
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Psychic Protection - Barriers
- Introduction: The countermeasures given in these short articles are extremely basic. They only contain the bare bones of what is necessary to use them. To understand the principles behind these countermeasures, please get a copy of 'Practical Psychic Self-Defe...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Protection
Hymns is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hymns books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Salem State professor writes hymns for a modern world
- SALEM, Mass. (AP) — "Amazing Grace" sounds a lot different when you sing it to the tune of the "Gilligan's Island" theme song. That's why Jeannette Lindholm, an English professor at Salem State University, chooses music for her hymns very carefully.
- Joey Rory's 'Hymns' album tops country, Christian music charts; Rory ending
- Country singer Joey Feek of the duo Joey + Rory continues to make waves even after her death as the duo's album "Hymns That Are Important To Us" is now at the top of Billboard's Top Christian Albums and Top Country Albums.
- Why changing hymn lyrics can be dramatic
- A children's choir performs a hymn at a memorial service for former South African President Nelson Mandela at the National Cathedral in Washington, Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013. Vice President Joe Biden and the presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church, the ...
- Joey Feek's 'Hymns' Tops Charts as Funeral Plans Begin
- Fans of Joey Feek are waiting to hear about any possible memorial services for the country/gospel music singer. The 40-year-old died Friday after a two-year battle with cervical cancer.
- Singing praise without sexism: Salem State professor writes hymns for a modern
- But Lindholm, who will talk about her work in the Recital Hall at Salem State on Tuesday, March 8, at 7:30 p.m., is also concerned about the impact hymns can have on people's views of God, and of themselves.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheshindenburg disaster
age of empires siege weapons
groundwater problems with groundwater
merrimac massachusetts history
letter letter layout
maltese dog temperament
prince artist pseudonyms