A selection of articles related to hyperbole.
Original articles from our library related to the Hyperbole. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hyperbole.
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Necromancy 101
- Stop me if you've heard this one. "Necromancy is a dark and dangerous practice so make sure that you stand in your magic circle to protect yourself from evil spirits." Puhlease! Don't tell me that some people still buy into that antique mumbo jumbo....
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Story of Brân the Blessed
- Brân was a Welsh god of the underworld whose eminence is most often associated with his the "Wonderful Head." Though he could present himself as a principal of battle, Brân was also a patron on bards, minstrels, and musicians. He was huge, colossal....
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Hyperbole is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hyperbole books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Hyperbole. Hyperbole is using exaggeration for emphasis. Hyperbole is used to make writing and speaking more interesting.
- Hyperbole Cafe
- Hyperbole (pronounced: hy-PER-bol-ee) is a an exaggerated phrase used in writing that is not meant to be taken literally. Hyperbole Cafe by Lill Pluta.
- Hyperbole is often used in prose: It was not a mere man he was holding, but a giant; or a block of granite. The pull was unendurable. The pain unendurable.
Suggested News Resources
- Hurricane Irene: Why hurricane hyperbole never goes out of style
- Where should the media draw the line between reasonable warnings and fear-mongering? A few mistakes and a partially missed prognosis aren't necessarily proof that the media blew the story.
- Gary Johnson: Less entitlement spending, less military spending, less hyperbole
- And as principled and consistent as Johnson's campaign has been, the former governor shunts the demagoguery, paranoia and hyperbole so much of the punditry - and so many of his rivals in pursuing the Republican nomination - rely upon.
- Restoring Hyperbole: Beck's Jerusalem Rally Will Be "A Planet Course-Altering
- Much as he did with his "Restoring Honor" rally last year, Beck is hyping this week's "Restoring Courage" rally in Jerusalem with outrageous hyperbole and overblown religious rhetoric.
- Cinderella may soon have nothing on Keselowski
- This isn't hyperbole, and no, Keselowski hasn't won anything yet. But who saw this coming? Until June 5, Keselowski had one win and eight top 10s – in his entire career .
- GAO report on long-term care insurance rate hikes ends 'hyperbole'
- By Bob Graham A new government report on long-term care insurance rate increases puts an end to “hyperbole” about how policyholders will act, according to a LTC industry official.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hyperbole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hyperbole is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech.
- Hyperbole | Define Hyperbole at Dictionary.com
- noun Rhetoric. 1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
- Hyperbole and a Half
- skip to main | skip to sidebar. Hyperbole and a Half. Pages.
- A hyperbole is a type of figurative language. It is often confused with a simile or a metaphor because it often compares two objects.
- Hyperbole - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- Definition of HYPERBOLE. : extravagant exaggeration (as “mile-high ice-cream cones”). — hy·per·bo·list \-list\ noun.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
henry george a critique
french toast preparation
planeshift the death realm