- Namib may offer secret to life on Mars
- “We call them hypolithic communities,” he says, “which is just a fancy word for saying things that live under rocks.
- Namib Desert may offer secret to life on Mars
- Nothing stirs on the grey, arid plains of the Namib Desert – there are no trees or shrubs in this part of the Namib, only long stretches of sand baking under the merciless sun.
- Community ecology
- Community ecology is the study of communities formed of populations of different species. It includes the study of the interactions between species, such as mutualism, predation and competition, and the dynamics and structure of the community.
- Finding Life in a Polar Desert
- But the rocks around Lake Untersee are relatively nonporous — and so the area seems to favor the hypolithic life strategy as we have found cyanobacteria living primarily under clear translucent rocks such as quartz.
- Geek Girls Unite!
- She had me at "hypolithic cyanobacteria detector." Those three words, from young Davidson Fellow Rebecca Jolitz, launched one of many conversations I had at the Girl Geek Dinner. Jolitz explained that her software simulation of how a photosynthetic ...
Hypolithic is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hypolithic books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesfresh off the boat
manon des sources
wilfred owen death
waiting for godot