A selection of articles related to hypothesis.
Original articles from our library related to the Hypothesis. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Hypothesis.
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- How reliable are things remembered under hypnosis?
- This has often arisen as both a legal issue (as in the reliability oftestimony obtained during or after hypnotherapy) and also a social issue(regarding the use of hypnotherapy to establish evidence of early child abuse,for example). It is entirely true that...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Hypnosis, volition, and mind control.
- 5.1. Is the hypnotist in control of me? The exact nature of what we experience as 'will' or volition is anage-old philosophical problem that has yet to be resolved by brain scientistsor psychologists. Some aspects of hypnotic responding point out weaknesses...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- An Opinion on Magick
- When I decided to write an article on magick I didn’t quite foresee what a difficult subject it was to write about. Magick, (real magick, not the tricks that David Copperfield does) is still considered to be somewhat of a taboo subject. Even in this...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Remote Tampering: Declassified SRI Project
- An excerpt from "Perceptual Augmentation Techniques, Part One--Executive Summary" by Harold Puthoff and Russell Targ, SRI Project 3183, Final Report, Covering the Period January 1974 through February 1975. RECENTLY DECLASSIFIED BY THE CIA. "The...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychokinesis
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Hypothesis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Hypothesis books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Problems of the Millennium: the Riemann Hypothesis
- In the opinion of many mathematicians the Riemann hypothesis, and its exten- sion to general classes of History and significance of the Riemann hypothesis.
- Working Paper No. 74
- The financial instability hypothesis has both empirical and theoretical aspects. hypothesis in the narrow sense are, of course, Hyman P. Minsky.
- Sep 14, 2008 A hypothesis is an educated guess about how things work.
- APOLOGY FOR THE PROOF OF THE RIEMANN HYPOTHESIS
- An obstacle lies in the narrow perception of the Riemann hypothesis as achieved by a history of mathematics as it relates to the Riemann hypothesis.
Suggested News Resources
- PIMCO Missed the Trade of the Year in the Treasury Market
- We stated in one of several pieces on the subject our hypothesis for the summer: "If we look back at last year for guidance, we remember that the Greek and European crisis was known for months, the selloff only occurred when conditions were optimal.
- Could the single cell mind hypothesis be valid?
- Steven Sevush, University of Miami What are your thoughts on the single cell mind hypothesis introduced at OfGrandeur.com? I think to identify the neuronal structure of consciousness you have to understand its function ...
- Kantianism is invalid if the conservation of feelings hypothesis is valid.
- Considering most religions and Kantianism are in bed together, I figure it is worth considering the possibility that the value of a multi-cellular organism does not depend on its genome, but instead depends on other things.
- Yahoo, Facebook Want to Find Out if It's a 'Small World' After All
- Research, the experiment is "designed to test the hypothesis that anyone in the world can get a message to anyone else in just "six degrees of separation" by passing it from friend to friend.
- Nature paper examines cosmic ray climate change hypothesis, gives support
- The experiment pertains to a hypothesis by Henrik Svensmark that cosmic rays trigger the formation of ions and particles that seed cloud formation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A hypothesis is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. The term derives from the Greek, ὑποτιθέναι – hypotithenai meaning "to put under" or "to suppose" .
- Writing a Hypothesis for Your Science Fair Project
- Science fair project variables explained - A simple introduction to dependent, independent, and controlled variables.
- Hypothesis - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- a : an assumption or concession made for the sake of argument b : an interpretation of a practical situation or condition taken as the ground for action.
- Writing Hypotheses
- A hypothesis is a tentative statement that proposes a possible explanation to some A useful hypothesis is a testable statement which may include a prediction.
Related searchescraniometry classification
christian biblical council
the devil and daniel webster quotes
enlightenment and health