- See More About: poetic meters · poetry. Definition: Iambic Trimeter is a Greek meter used in Greek plays for speaking.
- Introduction to Greek Meter
- Similarly, in the iambic trimeter, especially as used in Athenian drama, a long syllable may resolve into two shorts, turning an iamb. ˘¯ into a tribrach. ˘˘˘ .
- Three Meters of Aristophanic Dialogue
- 1. Three Meters of Aristophanic Dialogue. I.
- Skills - Metre in Poetry and Verse
- iambic feet is known as iambic trimeter. A line with six dactylic feet is known as dactylic hexameter.
- 1 Giovanni Pontano, First Naenia and Second Iambic (edited by
- and left a widow and a seven-week old baby daughter. It is to his new granddaughter that. Pontano addresses these moving verses.
- HOW TO SCAN VERSE IN ENGLISH
- the line is iambic.
- Poem of the week: When summer's end is nighing by AE Housman
- The metre is typical of Housman's most sigh-laden style: iambic trimeter, with alternating feminine and masculine endings. His stanza form of choice is often the quatrain, rhyming a/b/c/b or a/b/a/b.
- Iambic trimeter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Iambic trimeter. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search.
- Iambic Trimeter - The Meter Iambic Trimeter
- In Greek poetry a line of Iambic trimeter would have three iambic meters.
- What is iambic trimeter
- Iambic trimeter is a meter in poetry consisting of three iambic units per line. Iambic is the dee-dum rhythm. "I met a hungry cat.
Iambic Trimeter is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Iambic Trimeter books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.