A selection of articles related to icelandic folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Icelandic Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Icelandic Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- So What is a Blue Moon?
- We are not having any Blue Moons this year but the experts say that year 2001 will have an official "Blue Moon" in November. Your geographic location can make a difference to your experience of a Blue Moon. Depending on your longitude you may go...
Astrology >> The Moon
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- It's been less than two weeks since I wrote the article for Jera; so it looks like I'm back on track. This Rune is both fascinating and multifaceted! Both the Sheils and Edred Thorsson identify Eihwaz with Yggdrasil, the Norse World Tree or Cosmic Axis. The...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Icelandic Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Icelandic Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- SAGNAGRUNNUR: A NEW DATABASE OF ICELANDIC FOLK
- SMN Spring 2010.indd
- Magic in. Icelandic. Folklore.
- The Supernatural Tourist –The Hidden Folk By Marina Boccuzzi
- has records of ancient Icelandic folklore. To date, there are over 7000 inhabitants of fairy folk in Iceland alone!
- History of Parapsychology in Iceland
- Iceland although various paranormal phenomena were deeply en- trenched in Icelandic folklore and literature.
Suggested News Resources
- Did Ewe Know?
- According to Icelandic folklore, if the earth remained buried in snow all winter, the new season's lambs would be white. Open winters spawned colored lambs, and patchy snow cover meant spotted ones.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Icelandic folklore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Icelandic folklore". The following 11 pages are in this category , out of 11 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Virtually Virtual Iceland - Icelandic Folktales
- Four stories of magic, elves, trolls, ghosts and spirits of all kinds.
- Icelandic Myths, Fables & Folklore
- Icelandic culture is populated by many characters and creatures from folklore.
- Icelandic Folklore - YouTube
- Apr 15, 2008 Roger Smith News investigates the mysteries of Icelandic Folklore with Jon Thordarson. Visit www.rogersmithnews.
- Folklore - Iceland Naturally
- Exploring Iceland Today Unveils the Enchanted Places in Icelandic Folklore- Iceland Naturally - Icelandic Folklore: Iceland Folklore and Icelandic Legends.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Icelandic Folklore Topics
Related searchesbertie ahern early and private life
gypsy mst3k behind the scenes