A selection of articles related to icelandic folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Icelandic Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Icelandic Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
Icelandic Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Icelandic Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- SAGNAGRUNNUR: A NEW DATABASE OF ICELANDIC FOLK
- SMN Spring 2010.indd
- Magic in. Icelandic. Folklore.
- The Supernatural Tourist –The Hidden Folk By Marina Boccuzzi
- has records of ancient Icelandic folklore. To date, there are over 7000 inhabitants of fairy folk in Iceland alone!
- History of Parapsychology in Iceland
- Iceland although various paranormal phenomena were deeply en- trenched in Icelandic folklore and literature.
Suggested News Resources
- Did Ewe Know?
- According to Icelandic folklore, if the earth remained buried in snow all winter, the new season's lambs would be white. Open winters spawned colored lambs, and patchy snow cover meant spotted ones.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Icelandic folklore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Icelandic folklore". The following 11 pages are in this category , out of 11 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Virtually Virtual Iceland - Icelandic Folktales
- Four stories of magic, elves, trolls, ghosts and spirits of all kinds.
- Icelandic Myths, Fables & Folklore
- Icelandic culture is populated by many characters and creatures from folklore.
- Icelandic Folklore - YouTube
- Apr 15, 2008 Roger Smith News investigates the mysteries of Icelandic Folklore with Jon Thordarson. Visit www.rogersmithnews.
- Folklore - Iceland Naturally
- Exploring Iceland Today Unveils the Enchanted Places in Icelandic Folklore- Iceland Naturally - Icelandic Folklore: Iceland Folklore and Icelandic Legends.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Icelandic Folklore Topics
Related searchesyupik language grammar
meaning of dreams about being chased
transactional analysis rackets
rajput the rajput rule of india