A selection of articles related to icelandic folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Icelandic Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Icelandic Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- It's been less than two weeks since I wrote the article for Jera; so it looks like I'm back on track. This Rune is both fascinating and multifaceted! Both the Sheils and Edred Thorsson identify Eihwaz with Yggdrasil, the Norse World Tree or Cosmic Axis. The...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Icelandic Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Icelandic Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- When Aberdeen ruled Scottish football
- He had history in this regard – the bollocking he gave his team after they had beaten Rangers 1-0 in the 1983 Scottish Cup final had gone down in folklore.
- From secluded island adventures to cellphone detox holidays
- The ITICE conference in Harpa hosted a Pitch Event for the newly launched Startup Tourism business accelerator last night. Nine pitches were made ranging from food trips around West Iceland to an exhilerating equestrian race across Iceland.
- GUY HENDERSON: Of puffins and Flying Donkeys
- My Icelandic adoption was troublesome to begin with. It was going to be Akranes ... Even the museum of local history and folklore, with a magnificent sailing trawler up on blocks in the car park, had its doors locked and shutters down.
- PUC professor shares what she's learned about culture through knitting
- Valparaiso resident Jessica Klemz made this shawl after her 2013 trip to study the knitting culture in Iceland. The shawl is made with Hespa yarn, ... Klemz discovered that knitting, like folklore or songs, uncovered culture.
- CRY HAVOC Is The 'Story of A Woman Caught Between Control & Chaos' AND Werewolves
- Spurrier: I think this is about how these seemingly incongruous elements with the folklore and horror, something you'd expect from a fantasy or horror story and the strict down hard edges of a war movie.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Icelandic Folklore Topics
leonard cohen family life
the outsiders novel plot summary
dream interpretation arrested
rheumatic fever pathophysiology