- 9 Groundbreaking Early Submarines
- Its most unusual feat came during the coronation of Czar Alexander II, when it submerged with a four-member brass band aboard. Witnesses later reported that they could hear a rendition of the Russian national anthem coming from beneath the waves.
- The communist, feminist, utopian revolutionary who Kickstarted the first submarine
- She is Ictíneo II, the first true submarine. Narcís Monturiol i Estarriol was a Catalonian revolutionary, utopian iconoclast, and proto-feminist writer who argued that the government, rather than the church, should oversee marriage licenses.
- The World's First Powered Submarine Arrived 60 Years Before Its Time
- The Ictineo II was constructed of olive wood, measured 46 feet long, more than 6 feet wide, and stood nearly 10 feet tall when out of the water. In the water, she displaced 46 metric tons while providing 1,000 cubic feet of interior room.
- The Writer Who Built the World's First Engine-Powered Submarine
- The submarine, named Ictíneo, a word Monturiol created out of the Greek words for fish and boat, was double-hulled, with each hull made of olive wood staves sheathed in copper.
- Monster Machines: The World's First Powered Submarine Arrived 60 Years Before
- The Ictineo II was constructed of olive wood, measured 14m long, more than 1.8m wide, and stood nearly 3m tall when out of the water. In the water, she displaced 46 tonnes while providing 28 cubic metres of interior room.
Ictineo Ii is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ictineo Ii books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ictineo Ii Topics
Related searchescrustacean taxonomy
corset types and styles
ute tribe language
table of integrals rational functions