A selection of articles related to idol worship.
Original articles from our library related to the Idol Worship. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Idol Worship.
- Worshipping a god or goddess in fact is paying homage to the great shining light at the core of your being. You acknowledge that there is more than everyday reality and honor it. The various godheads are different 'gestalts', energy beings, or facets of the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- Renewal, Worship, Cocoa and Home
- from the valley floor i watch as the first green-gold rays a hint of glory to come burst victoriously from behind blue mountains capped with blinding white in the distance dim and barely heard the crow of a rooster lowing of cattle snowbirds begin their daily...
Poetry & Fable >> Poetry
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 4:2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 4:3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 4:4 And he must...
New Testament >> John
- Wicca: It's Traditions and Concepts
- What is Wicca? | Wiccan Traditions | Wiccan Concepts What is Wicca? 'An it Harm None, Do what Thou Will' shall be the whole of the law. It's the rede that most Wiccan witches around the world bind themselves to. What exactly is Wicca? It's a religion based on...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Book of the Law, Liber 220, Part III
- III;1. Abrahadabra; the reward of Ra Hoor Khut. III;2. There is division hither homeward; there is a word not known. Spelling is defunct; all is not aught. Beware! Hold! Raise the spell of Ra-Hoor-Khuit! III;3. Now let it be first understood that I...
Thelema >> The Book of the Law
- Jezebel was a Phoenician princess and the daughter of Ethbaal, the king of Baal-worshipping Sidonians. Jezebel literally means
Deities & Heros >> Mesopotamian
- An Earth Religion?
- A Circle of people stand in the midst of a beautiful green field, tightly and joyously hand-in-hand. A small bonfire burns gently in the center of their Circle, sending its warmth and light all about. The Circle of people dance round the flame, singing and...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Idol Worship is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Idol Worship books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Justin Bieber Tells Fans Idol Worship Is Dangerous
- Join us on the new C-Pop podcast where Taylor and Jessilyn discuss, debate and sometimes deride pop culture with a strong sense of humor and a focus on Christ. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
- Christians In Idol Worship?
- Ever since he played the character Jesus in the 1977 movie 'Jesus of Nazareth,' Robert Powell's portrait has been mistaken by many Christians as a true image of Jesus Christ and has since been accorded reverence and has become an object of worship for ...
- Chimpanzees appear to practice idol worship like humans do
- Chimpanzees at four different sites in Africa have been observed practising rituals which look eerily like the idol or God worship and shrine-building that humans have been doing for thousands of years.
- Kelly Clarkson Makes History as First 'American Idol' Contestant With 100
- With her emotional "Piece by Piece" hitting No. 1 on two charts, Kelly Clarkson is the first American Idol contestant to earn 100 chart-toppers, counting all national, domestic music charts (current, recurrent and catalog) compiled by Billboard.
- Reasons why idols are worshipped in Hinduism
- BY SERVING THE DEITY IN TEMPLE DEVOTEE(S) GET HAPPINESS & A SENSE OF FULFILLMENT. IDOL WORSHIP IS NOT THE RIGHT WORD BECAUSE IDOL CAN BE OF ANYONE. THE FORM OF LORD IN TEMPLES ARE ESTABLISHED AFTER ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.