- He was rather born in Ilavritavarsha.
- YOGA APHORISMS PATANJALI
- Ilavrita-Varsha is said to have been his birthplace, his mother being Sati the wife of Angiras.
- Mysteries of the Sacred Universe
- The Pamir mountains can be identified with Mount Meru and Ilavrita-varsha, the square region in the center of Jambudvipa.
- 1. Brahma Purana 2. Padma Purana 3. Vishnu Purana 4. Shiva
- regions (varshas). For example, Sumeru is in the middle of Ilavritavarsha. Braratavarsha is to the south of Sumeru.
- A biography of Patañjali written by Kofi Busia, Yoga Teacher, in
- He was rather born in Ilavritavarsha. Some insist that Ilavrita is not one of the divisions of Jambudvipa at all but an exalted place beyond.
- Vineet Kapoor Presentations
- In the center of Ilavrita-varsha stands the great mountain Sumeru. Lord Siva resides in Ilavrita-varsha with his consort Durga.
- Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 5 Chapter 16
- SB 5.16.7: Amidst these divisions, or varshas, is the varsha named Ilavrita, which is situated Within Ilavrita-varsha is Sumeru Mountain, which is made of gold.
- Yerrapragada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hiranyakasyapa fought a war with Indra and occupied Ilavritavarsha.
Ilavrita Varsha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ilavrita Varsha books and related discussion.