- Preserving Cultures: The Getty's Global Conservation Work
- Funerary Vessel with (A) Orestes Seeking Sanctuary at Delphi; Nike Sacrificing a Ram; and a Horse Race and (B) a Dionysian Scene; a Boar Hunt; and a Horse Race; South Italian, from Ceglie del Campo, Apulia, about 350 B.C. Associated with the Iliupersis ...
- Undoing a 19th-Century Art Restorer's Overzealous Handiwork
- The 19th-century art restorer Raffaele Gargiulo was so good at reconstructing Greek vases, one antiquarian called it a “dangerous perfection for knowledge.
- Nerón despacha desde la Casa Rule
- Se ha difundido popularmente la idea de que mientras Roma ardía, Nerón estaba cantando el “Iliupersis”. Algunas versiones están encontradas, pero esta es la que se impone. A fin de cuentas se trata del mismo gobernante que mandó ejecutar a su madre ...
- Princeton University Art Museum and Italy to sign agreement over antiquities
- Red figure volute krater, attributed to the Iliupersis Painter (ceramic), depicting the return of Perseus to Seriphos and Dionysos, maenads and satyrs. South Italian, Apulian, ca. 370 360 B.
Iliupersis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Iliupersis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.