A selection of articles related to illness.
Original articles from our library related to the Illness. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Illness.
- What is Shamanic Healing?
- “Shamans heals themselves. By working through their pain, they learn to help others." -Wounded Healin' "But the primitive magician, the medicine man, or the shaman is not only a sick man; he is, above all, a sick man who has been cured, who has...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Absent Healing
- This helps send healing energy to those who live away from you and you can’t see them in person. You could also use it to heal yourself. You need: A picture of the patient, A blue or green candle, Sandalwood oil, Clear quartz gemstone/crystal. Project a white...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
- Reiki, Questions & Answers
- Q. Where does Reiki energy come from? A. Reiki energy is a subtle energy. It is different than electricity or chemical energy or other kinds of physical energy. Reiki energy comes from the Higher Power, which exists on a higher dimension than the physical...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- To Heal or Not to Heal?
- When we help heal another, are we truly helping them? The question is hypothetical, and the answer will surely differ case by case, conscience by conscience. But this is an important question to ponder. Magical healing usually involves sending energy to speed...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sneezing: A Symptom or A Symbol?
- "One sneeze, a wish Two sneezes, a kiss Three sneezes, a disappointment Four sneezes, a letter" As my household has spent the past two weeks fighting the fall version of the pit plague crud, in between the God Bless You's and doses of cough medicine,...
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
Illness is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Illness books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mental Health Facts - NAMI
- Prevalence of Mental Illness by Diagnosis. 1.1%.
- Mental Health Facts - NAMI
- Mental Health Facts. CHILDREN & TEENS. Fact: 1 in 5 children ages 13-18 have , or will have a serious mental illness.
- 2011 Heat illness prevention training - CA.gov
- ❖Review the regulatory language and heat illness preventive measures. ❖ Increase awareness and commitment to safety and health at the work site. Training ...
- Exertional Heat Illnesses - National Athletic Trainers' Association
- with a heat-illness prevention plan that includes medical screen- ing, acclimatization ... Definitions of exertional heat illnesses, including exercise- associated ...
- Illness Management and Recovery - Practitioners Guides and ...
- Illness. Management and Recovery. Practitioner.
Suggested News Resources
- Dubnyk's illness gets backup goalie on a plane
- With Devan Dubnyk sick, Steve Michalek — a 2011 sixth-round pick who backstopped Harvard to an ECAC championship last season — was recalled under emergency conditions to back up Darcy Kuemper in Thursday's 2-1 loss to the Edmonton Oilers.
- Holton schools closed Friday due to illness
- District leaders say the illness is mostly contained to Holton Elementary, but to keep everyone safe they will close the entire district. Students have complained of abdominal pain, vomiting, and high fevers.
- What If Physical Illness Were Treated Like Mental Illness?
- What if you were sick in bed for three days? You're popping Advil like candy to keep your fever down. You feel like you are going to die.
- Ted Bearth, Washington County commissioner, dies at 77
- Ted Bearth, a Washington County commissioner who represented Oakdale and the surrounding area, died Thursday after an extended illness. He was 77. Bearth had been chosen by the other four commissioners to chair the County Board this year, but had ...
- Coeliac disease: the illness affecting thousands of people yet to be diagnosed
- She felt pretty sure she did not have a mental illness, but she was so sick that she started second guessing herself.