A selection of articles related to immanent god.
Original articles from our library related to the Immanent God. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Immanent God.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Immanent God is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Immanent God books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE IMMANENCE AND TRANSCENDENCE OF GOD Acts 17:24-31
- Is God present and active within the universe - immanent? a. Immanence The incarnation is the most dramatic example of God's immanence.
- Recovering Transcendence and Immanence
- immanence of God. These two categories are not to be thought of in tension or in conflict, but in constant, harmonious balance.
- CONCEPT OF GOD IN SIKHISM
- "God created the world of life and planted Naam (Immanent God) therein." 1. "The Self-Existent God manifested Himself into Naam.
- GRANDEUR AND GRACE: GOD'S TRANSCENDENCE AND
- Theologically, the psalm's message of God's transcendence and immanence provides substance to the promise of refreshment.
Suggested News Resources
- Guest Post: Michael York responds to Peter Kreeft
- The only five possibilities for ultimate meaning and values are: atheism (no God); humanism (man as God); polytheism (many gods); pantheism (one immanent God); and theism (one transcendent God).
Suggested Web Resources
- God is Transcendent & Immanent: What is God's relationship to
- On the face of it, the characteristics of transcendence and immanence appear to be in conflict.
- Immanence of God - Theopedia, an encyclopedia of Biblical
- Feb 19, 2009 The literal meaning of the immanence of God is "to be within" or "near" in relation to God's creation.
- Jesus and the Transcendently Immanent God
- Jan 3, 2006 There is an age old problem for thinking theologically at any level: the tension between the transcendence and immanence of God.