A selection of articles related to immanent god.
Original articles from our library related to the Immanent God. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Immanent God.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Immanent God is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Immanent God books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- JEWISH BELIEFS ABOUT GOD The Unity of God - AJC Archives
- JEWISH BELIEFS ABOUT GOD. Contents. The Unity of God.
- Transcendence and Immanence - JStor
- Judaeo-Christian theology represents God as transcendent while. Spinoza's metaphysics by contrast represents God as immanent. But transcendentist theology ...
- Recovering Transcendence and Immanence - Razor Planet
- immanence of God. These two categories are not to be thought of in tension or in conflict, but in constant, harmonious balance. God is simultaneously present ...
- god's action immanent in the world of the sacraments - Open Access ...
- The topic of this talk and discussion is "God's Action Immanent in the World of the ... hand, emphasizes revelation as the power of God operating in the world.
- Inherence and the Immanent Cause in Spinoza
- This paper shows that for Spinoza an immanent cause [causa immanens] is a species of ... E1P18: God is the immanent, not the transitive, cause of all things.
Suggested News Resources
- [BLOG] Does Judaism Believe in the Concept of Prophecy?
- For, from a logical point of view, if we did not believe in the words of the prophets, of which Moses was the greatest, then the very basis of our belief in the transmission of God's word to the Jewish people would be compromised. ...
- Turned over
- God is both transcendent and immanent. He is with us and yet beyond our comprehension. The divine, special revelation of God given in the Bible reveals Him but not completely.
Suggested Web Resources
- Immanence of God | Theopedia
- The literal meaning of the immanence of God is "to be within" or "near" in relation to God's creation. Immanence is closely related to God's omnipresence, in that ...
- What is the immanence of God? - GotQuestions.org Home
- Answer: God's immanence refers to His presence within His creation. (It is not to be confused with imminence, which refers to the timing of Jesus' return to earth.) ...
- Is God immanent? What is significance of the immanence of God?
- If something is immanent, its dictionary definition is "existing or operating within; inherent." The immanence of God refers to God's relationship to the world – that ...
- Immanence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Immanence refers to those philosophical and metaphysical theories of divine presence in ... casting immanence as a characteristic of a transcendent god ( common in Abrahamic religions),; subsuming transcendent personal gods in a greater ...
- God and Creation, Part 2: Immanence - BioLogos
- May 18, 2011 God's “immanence” refers to God's presence in creation. If we were to speak only of the ways in which God is “transcendent”—how He is other ...