Immigration Restriction League
A selection of articles related to immigration restriction league.
Original articles from our library related to the Immigration Restriction League. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Immigration Restriction League.
- Prometheus and the force of fire
- Look at a flame of a fire or just a small candle. See how mesmerizing the ever-changing forms of the fire are? Do you experience the pleasant warmth, romantic feelings or sense of truly being at home, brought about by the flames? From old fire is regarded as...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- No Pagan Parents Allowed (A "Paganalia" Exclusive Report)
- You be the judge: A Pagan woman who works as a Chapter 13 bankruptcy assistant for a law firm wants to regain custody of her 9-year-old son. Her ex-husband is in jail on a $700,000 bond for solicitation of capital murder of his second ex-wife. Seems like a no-...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Jesus Christ! You’re acting like one of those Christians
- "He drew a circle that shut me out— Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win; We drew a circle that took him in!" – Edwin Markham The room was filled with Pagans, Witches and a few Asatru. The discussion had flowed from &qu...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Immigration Restriction League is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Immigration Restriction League books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ap_ushistory_student samples
- AFL: conservative and anti-immigrant; supported immigration restriction. • Immigration Restriction League (founded 1894; lobbied for restriction into the 1920's).
- 05. The Progressive Era pt.I, 1895-1920
- fewer and “better” immigration could reduce the social problems of the city reduce the social problems of the city. • Immigration Restriction League 1894.
- “America Would Lose Its Soul”: The Immigration Restriction Debate
- organized the Immigration Restriction League, which rapidly became active in immigration policy, and remained so until the passing of the quota laws.
Suggested News Resources
- Q&A: Exploring a NJ psychologist's role in the dark history of forced
- The Immigration Restriction League was also concerned about the immigrants arriving from 1890 on. They considered these southern and eastern Europeans “different” from previous immigrants, and worried about all these people coming in and breeding.
Suggested Web Resources
- Open Collections Program: Immigration to the US, Immigration
- Constitution of the Immigration Restriction League, Boston, Mass.
- Statement of the Immigration Restriction League
- "Statement of the Immigration Restriction League", 1894.
- Immigration Restriction League (IRL)
- Founded by Charles Warren in Boston in 1894, the Immigration Restriction League (IRL) proposed a literacy test for the purpose of restricting immigration.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.