A selection of articles related to indentured labourers.
Original articles from our library related to the Indentured Labourers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Indentured Labourers.
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 20
- Chapter 20 20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. 20:2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 20:3...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 And he entered into a ship, and passed over, and came into his own city. 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 10
- Chapter 10 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: I Corinthians, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3:3 For ye are...
New Testament >> I Corinthians
- King James Bible: James, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. 5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and...
New Testament >> The Epistle of James
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Indentured Labourers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Indentured Labourers books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- South Africa
- Roster of arrivals/indentured labour in S. Africa who were identified by their .
- AuTObIOGRAPHY OF An InDIAn InDEnTuRED LAbOuRER
- I quote this anecdote to illustrate the lacL of historical awareness in India about the.
- Indian Indentured Labour in Natal, 1890-1911
- Indian Indentured Labour in Natal, 1890-1911. MAUREEN TAYAL. St.
- Indian indentured labour
- Feb 13, 2007 Family history sources for Indian indentured labourers in the colonial era. 2. Indentured labourers appearing in Colonial Office records.
Suggested News Resources
- Hindraf's lawyer demands apology
- The suit was to demand compensation for Indian Malaysians whose ancestors were brought in by the colonial government as indentured labourers.
- Shake your bobotie
- Durban does, of course, have a large Indian population, due to the British bringing in indentured labourers in the late 19th century.
- Hindraf lawyer: No dignity even in death
- Originally, Waythamoorthy filed the suit against the British government in London on Aug 31, 2007, seeking compensation for Indian Malaysians whose ancestors were brought into Malaya as indentured labourers.
- Hindraf: Govt need not dread UK lawyer's visit
- The suit, filed on the 50th anniversary of Malaysia's independence, is seeking compensation for Indian Malaysians whose ancestors were brought into Malaya as indentured labourers.
Suggested Web Resources
- Indentured servant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The captain would transport the indentured servants to the American colonies, and sell their legal papers to someone who needed workers.
- indentured labour -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Indentured labour, one form of contract labour, was common in North America in colonial times.
- indentured labour
- Work under a restrictive contract of employment for a fixed period in a foreign country in exchange for payment of passage, accommodation, and food.