A selection of articles related to indian festivals.
Original articles from our library related to the Indian Festivals. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Indian Festivals.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Pagan Festivals
- There are eight major pagan festivals celebrated by Wiccans and other pagans. Yes, just like other religions, they have a set of religious festivals that they observe and celebrate.
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Indian Festivals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Indian Festivals books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Important Indian Festivals
- Important Indian Festivals. Holi also celebrates Krishna and the legend of Holika and Prahlad.
- INDIAN FESTIVALS
- Oct 10, 2009 MINISTRY OF OVERSEAS INDIAN AFFAIRS. INDIAN FESTIVALS.
- Hindu Festivals & Holy Days
- Hindu Festivals & Holy Days. Baisakhi (Vaisakhi): first day of the Hindu new year is marked by Baisakhi, primarily a harvest festival.
- Indian Calendars
- festivals, performance of ceremonies or rites and on astronomical and astrological matters. Every family in India possesses a panchang.
- Educator's Guide
- Indian government tourist office site www.swaminarayan.org/festivals.
Suggested News Resources
- Labour shortage, rising cost affect artisans, take zing out of festivities
- Indian festivals are incomplete without idols. However, this year, artisans in Kumartuli, the country's only potter-colony nestled in the dinghy bylanes of north Kolkata, are jostling hard to complete orders. It's a similar story in Mumbai.
- Biryani: a symbol of the country
- often at restaurants in North India as a so-called 'regional biryani' is the 'moplah' biryani of Kerala which is just one of the many excellent biryanis of the region though it has become a staple of restaurant and hotel “South Indian festivals.
- TMJ unveils Queen's Collection
- In fact, some of the biggest Indian festivals have their roots in celebration of achievements of kings and queen. With their latest collection, TMJ aims to recreate the era and make you feel like a Queen.
- 6 Raksha bandhan tales from history and mythology
- Like all Indian festivals, the festival of rakhi has numerous tales associated with it. Here are some you may or may not have heard. Everyone loves a good story and when it is about a festival it's even better, isn't it?
- Hindu-Muslim revelry is something I cherish: Salman
- Bhai as he is lovingly called, Salman at the moment is mighty excited about the release of his new film 'Bodyguard' which opens on the day when two big Indian festivals - Eid and Ganesh Chaturthi are expected to fall on the same day this year.
Suggested Web Resources
- Holidays in India - Indian Festival 2011, Indian Holidays 2011
- India presents a cultural potpourri of number of religions, with their own festivals and celebrations.
- Indian Festivals Calendar 2011 - Indian Festivals Date 2011, Indian
- Here is a comprehensive calendar of Indian festivals in 2011/2012. The festival calendar also includes festival dates in 2011/2012.
- Public holidays in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- India, being a culturally and religiously diverse society, celebrates various holidays and festivals.
- Manas: Culture, Festivals of India
- Though India is often and justly described as a land of many religions and innumerable languages, it might well be described as a land of festivals as well.
- Festivals of India - TajOnline
- In India, the celebrations of fairs and festivals form a wondrous and joyful series of events, marking the rites of passage between birth, death and renewal.
Indian Festivals Topics
Related searchesruss feingold committee assignments
first-person shooter controversy
sufism basic beliefs
striped hyena reproduction
9 songs film plot summary
witchcraft african witchcraft