A selection of articles related to indian folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Indian Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Indian Folklore.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Indian Paint Brush: Correspondences
- Castilleja spp. Folk Names: Snake's Friend, Snake's Matches Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deity: Power: Love...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary I
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Indian Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Indian Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Native American Folklore
- Native American Folklore. Abenaki Indian. Legends.
- Essays in Indian Folk Traditions: Collected Writings of Ved Prakash
- Published jointly by Archana (Meerut, India) and the Folklore Institute (Berkeley, CA). November 2007:472 pages.
- Santee Sioux Indian Legends
- These seven Santee-Sioux Indian legends, like those previously collected (see Nebraska Folklore. Pamphlet No.
Suggested News Resources
- Bigfoot through the ages
- American Indian folklore in the Pacific Northwest includes rumors of a man-ape beast. Sasquatch, another name for Bigfoot, is a Salish Indian name meaning “woodland wild man.” The Bigfoot legend isn't new.
- Television movies for the week of Aug. 28
- A demonic creature of American Indian folklore embarks on a murderous rampage. (PG-13) (2:00) SYFY: Sun. 1 AM • The Book of Eli '10.
- Three fun things to do with your family this weekend
- Explore the relationship between the Earth, moon and sun with Coyote, a figure from American Indian folklore. Read and share your thoughts on this story. Ready for the weekend?
- ART BEAT: Aurora caters to younger crowd with Children's Playhouse season
- Dancer Sasikala will mesmerize the audience with her mastery of the art form's intricate footwork, flowing movements, rhythmic syllables and dramatic facial expressions as she tells stories from Indian folklore.
- Analysing Ganesha
- He quotes Hiltebeitel as saying, “In Indian folklore and practice, eunuchs have served as trusted guardians of the antahpura, the seraglio.
Suggested Web Resources
- Folklore of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The folklore of India compasses the folklore of the nation of India and the Indian subcontinent.
- Native American Lore Index
- Below are links to several stories of Native American Indian Lore from several Tribes across Turtle Island.
- Native American Legends (Folklore, Myths, and Traditional Indian
- Index of Native American Indian legends, folktales, and mythology from many different tribes.
- Indian Folklore Epics: Kannada
- kannada folklore,literary criticism,indian languages,folk epics,Phi Kappa Phi.
- Indian Folktales - Folk Tales of India, Indian Folklore, Folk Tales from
- Indian folk tales form an important part of the culture of India. Read more about the Indian folklore and stories.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.