A selection of articles related to indian folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Indian Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Indian Folklore.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Indian Paint Brush: Correspondences
- Castilleja spp. Folk Names: Snake's Friend, Snake's Matches Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deity: Power: Love...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary I
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Indian Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Indian Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Folktales & Folklore
- of t'olktales}, Indian folklore constitutes a virtually unmap ees territory of study. ... Indian publication of Folktales of India, ﬁrst published by the.
- enigma as a literary device in native american folklore
- Out Like a Man, Comes Back as a Hero: The Art of Two Oregon Indian Narratives. ... Native American folklore as well as more recent controversies in this field.
- Essays in Indian Folk Traditions - University of Colorado Boulder
- Published jointly by Archana (Meerut, India) and the Folklore Institute (Berkeley, CA). November 2007:472 pages. (Includes a foreword by Kira Hall, ...
- Oral traditions, folklore and archaeology. - International Journal of
- ISSN 2321 - 7065. 125. Complimentary disciplines and their significance in India- Oral traditions, folklore and archaeology.
- national experiences with the protection of expressions of folklore
- Model Provisions for national laws relating to legal protection of folklore. ... experiences of India, the Philippines and Indonesia in protecting their folklore.
Suggested News Resources
- Indian folklore and abandoned haunted village
- Set in mystical India and based on Indian folklore, The Other Side of The Door follows a family who lives an idyllic existence abroad until a tragic accident takes the life of their young son.
- Echoes from Azerbaijan
- In the early 20th Century, in the atmosphere of socio-economic and cultural growth, the legendary composer Uzeyir Hajibeyov pioneered modern professional Azerbaijani music and created a synthesis of composed creations and folklore tunes.
- Video: The story behind that protest over Sen. Weiler's American Indian remarks
- Although folklore claimed that syphilis was unknown in Europe until the return of the diseased sailors of the Columbian voyages, Owsley says that "syphilis probably cannot be "blamed"—as it often is—on any geographical area or specific race.
- Believe it or Not: Folklore Hints That Vampires Once Thrived in India
- All those 'Twilight Saga' lovers and others who think vampires exist only in the west, did you know some research works suggests that vampires actually originated in India? According to these researches, the legends of bloodsucking undead vampires may ...
- Community Calendar for Martin County
- Octane & Opulence: Grand Touring Cars 1950s to the Present. 10 a.m.
Suggested Web Resources
- Folklore of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The folklore of India compasses the folklore of the nation of India and the Indian subcontinent. The subcontinent of India contains a wide diversity of ethnic, ...
- Native American Legends (Folklore, Myths, and Traditional Indian
- Index of Native American Indian legends, folktales, and mythology from many different tribes.
- Folklore of India - New World Encyclopedia
- The folklore of India comprises the folklore of the nation of India and the Indian subcontinent. Folklore is the body of expressive culture, including tales, music, ...
- Native American Myths at Americanfolklore.net
- Dec 13, 2014 American Folklore logo · The Spooky ... American Folklore Categories .... They say that the Wampus cat used to be a beautiful Indian woman.
- Native Americans:Historic:The Illinois:Beliefs:Folklore
- (George Washington Finley, Peoria Indian, 1916). George Washington Finley or Ta-wah-quah-ke-non-guah (1858-1932), United Peoria and Miami Tribe.