A selection of articles related to indian shaman.
Original articles from our library related to the Indian Shaman. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Indian Shaman.
- What is Shamanic Healing?
- “Shamans heals themselves. By working through their pain, they learn to help others." -Wounded Healin' "But the primitive magician, the medicine man, or the shaman is not only a sick man; he is, above all, a sick man who has been cured, who has...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Seven Shaman Principles
- The World is What You Think It Is Positive thoughts attract positive people and events, and negative thoughts attract negative people and events. Corollary: Everything is a dream Dreams are real and reality is a dream. The only test we use for a reality check...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- Indian Paint Brush: Correspondences
- Castilleja spp. Folk Names: Snake's Friend, Snake's Matches Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Deity: Power: Love...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary I
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Indian Shaman is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Indian Shaman books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Shamanic Origins of Religion and Medicine
- related to American Indian shamanism and religion. A similar case could be made for the Old World.
- Bean (ed.): California Indian Shamanism
- California Indian Shamanism, Lowell John Bean, ed. Ballena Press Anthropological Papers No. 39, 1992, viii + 274 pp.
- Gary Snyder's American–Asian Shamanism
- treats American Indian myth with an emphasis on shamanism and the motif of .
- The Shaman and the Epic Hero's Journey: Separation-Initiation
- Adamie a Dogrib Indian shaman to “learn the path of the shaman” (1979:149). His first encounter with Adamie, the call, evoked unexplained fear.
Suggested News Resources
- Talking It Over: Celebrating another 200th anniversary
- They met an Indian shaman upriver from the present Tri-Cities, named the fast water Priest Rapids. At the mouth of the Okanogan River, they built a driftwood house aimed at using it for the fur trade, which was their reason for coming.
- The Mothman Festival, Point Pleasant, W.Va.
- Others back the claim that it's the ghost of an Indian shaman. After all, the local Shawnee tribe used to adorn themselves with feathers to create wings for their Eagle Dancer ceremonial costumes.
Suggested Web Resources
- Shamanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Shamans can gather into associations, as Indian tantric practitioners have done.
- Indian Shamans and Priests
- Indian Shamans and Priests.
- WE DO NOT HAVE SHAMANS: The Case Against "Shamans" In
- But contrary to popular opinion, a "shaman" is not an Indian medicine man, and " shamanism" is not a Native American religion.
- Seeking Native American Spirituality and Traditional Religion: Read
- Claiming to be American Indian shamans , talking about tarot cards and Wiccan/ pagan things, or talking about crystals and New Age things.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.