A selection of articles related to indolence.
Original articles from our library related to the Indolence. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Indolence.
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- According to the writings of the monk, the seven sins were: gastrimargia; porneia; philargyria; lupē: orgē; akedia; kenodoxia; and hyperephania which when translated to Latin for Roman Catholicism are as follows:
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Suit of Cups: Tarot Card Meanings
- 1 ACE OF CUPS Meaning: Beauty and pleasure, fullness, goodness, fertility, productiveness. Reversed: Erosion, sterility, clouded joy, false heart. 2 OF CUPS - Love Meaning: The unity of male and female in the broadest sense: can be inner harmony, can be...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
Indolence is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Indolence books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 1819 ODE ON INDOLENCE John Keats
- Ode on Indolence (1819). Keats based this poem on a passage in an The blissful cloud of summer-indolence.
- Epistemic Indolence
- Mind (1982) Vol. xci, 38-56. Epistemic Indolence.
- Indolence of the Filipino, The
- Feb 7, 2003 The Project Gutenberg EBook of The Indolence of the Filipino, by Jose . and indolence were the chief faults of his countrymen.
Suggested News Resources
- Church: 4Ps scheme promotes indolence
- program of President Benigno Aquino III as ineffective, Msgr. Gamaliel Tulabing, Vicar-General of the Diocese of Dumaguete, calls for the scrapping of the conditional cash transfer program which will only promote indolence among the poor.
- Idyllic Indolence
- I may not have done much with my summer, but I've done it in style! It's not summer until you've made a to-do list of all the productive things you want to accomplish, and then promptly ignore it.
- Ties that bind us
- Belying the 'indolence' conferred on her race, she was an industrious woman. She sold local teatime kuih and she made them fresh every afternoon. I helped her willingly.
- Tanganyika is 50! Let's party in the streets for
- That won't work in this case: Too much idealism and indoctrination in schools in turn soured by too much hypocrisy and indolence in public life has resulted in a people currently immune to any cajoling. Some fresh thinking is critical.
- "You have chosen poorly!" The Problem with Historical Analogies and U.S. Policy
- [A]ppeasement in Munich occurred as a result of Western indolence; appeasement in Vietnam is also occurring as a result of Western indolence.
Suggested Web Resources
- Indolent | Define Indolent at Dictionary.com
- having or showing a disposition to avoid exertion; slothful: an indolent person. 2. Pathology.
- Indolence | Define Indolence at Dictionary.com
- Indolence definition at Dictionary.
- Indolence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Indolence. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Jump to: navigation, search.
- Indolence - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- <a general feeling of indolence usually overtakes them during summer vacation> . First Known Use of INDOLENCE. 1710.
- indolence - definition of indolence by the Free Online Dictionary
- (See also IDLENESS.) bed of roses A situation or state of ease, comfort, or pleasure; the lap of luxury.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheswilliam ix of aquitaine poetry
krill life cycle
devil may cry history
millennium park budget