A selection of articles related to indra varuna.
Original articles from our library related to the Indra Varuna. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Indra Varuna.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Indra Varuna is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Indra Varuna books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Soaring towards the sun
- Indra's boon was that the Vajra would no longer hurt the child and that his body would be stronger than the weapon. Varuna, the god of the ocean, offered him protection from water. Agni, the god of fire, blessed him with immunity to fire.
- The 4 Vedas in Hindi, English, Telugu | PDF Download
- I. 164-46 declares, “They call it Indra, Mitra, Varuna and Agni, or the heavenly bird Garutmat (Later Garuda). The sages call the one being in many ways, they call it Agni, Yama, Matarisvan.
- Mahashivratri makes Srimukhalingam village come alive
- Besides the main shrine of Mukhalingeswara, the temple complex also houses temples dedicated to Indra, Agni, Yama dharmaraja, Nairiteswara, Varuna, Kuvera and Vayuva as well as another small shrine for Goddess Parvathi, consort of Mukhalingeshwara ...
- Good deva-bad asura divide misleading
- Indra, leader of the devas, constantly begs his father, Brahma, to save him from the asuras just as asuras seek boons that enable them to drive devas out of Swarga. Devas are blessed with amrita or the nectar of immortality.
Suggested Web Resources
- Varuna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A Makara is his mount. His consort is the Hindu goddess Varuni. Originally the chief god of the Vedic pantheon, Varuna was replaced by Indra and later faded ...
- Varuna - New World Encyclopedia
- Aug 29, 2008 Throughout the Vedas, Varuna is mentioned 341 times, while Indra, chief of ... over the storm, and together they are referred to as Indra-Varuna.
- Hindu God - Varuna - Hindu Online
- Though Varuna was the chief deity in the beginning, he seems to have yielded his place later on to Indra and Prajapati. In the subsequent mythological literature ...
- Varuna - Encyclopedia Mythica
- Varuna is the keeper of the cosmic order, a force called rta. ... In Vedic times, the worship of Varuna fell off as he was supplanted by Indra as king of the gods.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Indra Varuna Topics
Related searchesphinehas grandson of aaron
paul virilio quotes
dave cutler vms
alternator theory of operation
delusion in buddhism
timothy mcveigh biography