A selection of articles related to indus river.
Original articles from our library related to the Indus River. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Indus River.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Indus River is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Indus River books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Indus River dolphins in Pakistan
- 1. Indus River dolphins in Pakistan. Gill Braulik is is working on two projects in Pakistan, focusing on the.
- Case Study: Tarbela Dam, Indus River Basin, Pakistan
- Indus River Basin, Pakistan, A WCD case study prepared as an input to the World .
- Spotlight on Indus River Diplomacy:
- Apr 14, 2006 SPOTLIGHT ON INDUS RIVER DIPLOMACY: INDIA, PAKISTAN, AND THE BAGLIHAR DAM DISPUTE. Robert G.
- Teacher's Guide
- A Guide to Accompany Indus River: Journey of a Lifetime.
Suggested News Resources
- Water level raises in Tarbela Dam
- According to the data released by Indus River System Authority (IRSA) on Saturday, the maximum water level in River Indus at Tarbela was 1548.40 feet which was 170.40 feet higher than its dead level of 1378 feet.
- Unjust taxation
- It is a crying shame that in order to boost the income of Indus River System Authority, the Federal Ministry for Water and Power has imposed a tax on agricultural water as well as a surcharge on electricity produced from hydro-electric sources.
- India's water terrorism
- In addition to Kashmir dispute, the Indus River Basin has been an area of conflict between India and Pakistan for about four decades. Spanning 1800 miles, the river and its tributaries together make up one of the largest irrigation canals in the world.
- Govt taxes irrigation water to meet IRSA's expenses
- By Zeeshan Javaid ISLAMABAD: The federal government has notified levy on water released to provinces for irrigation and power generation purposes to meet the expenses of Indus River System Authority (IRSA).
- Rains lash Larkana, Indus to witness medium flood
- LARKANA: The city received intermittent rain on Thursday marking the beginning of a new monsoon spell, while the Flood Forecasting Division (FFD) predicted medium flood in the Indus River in next 24 hours.
Suggested Web Resources
- HowStuffWorks "The Indus River"
- Mar 30, 2008 The Indus River is just one of the major geological features of Asia. Learn all about the Indus River at HowStuffWorks.
- Indus River (river, Asia) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Indus River (river, Asia), great trans- Himalayan river of South Asia. It is one of the longest rivers in the world, with a length of some 1800 miles (2900 km).
- Indus River Valley Civilizations
- Civilization first developed in the Indus River valley in present-day Pakistan. in the middle of the 3d millennium B.C.
- Indus River
- The Indus River is the most important river in Pakistan, and also the longest river. It begins in Tibet and flows into the Arabian Sea.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Indus River Topics
Related searchesterry jones medieval lives
enneads the fourth ennead
adrenal gland blood supply
image explanation mayan calendar