A selection of articles related to indus river.
Original articles from our library related to the Indus River. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Indus River.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Indus River is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Indus River books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Mountain Pakistan cuts forest loss, disaster risk with river power
- In this picturesque village, perched above the gushing turquoise waters of the Hunza river, and with a view of the 8,000-metre Rakaposhi mountain, in Pakistan's Karakoram range, women once had to walk for miles to collect firewood each day. ...
- Muslims Offer Phallic Offerings For Fertility at this Shrine in Pakistan
- He further explains that in an agriculture-intensive society like that of the Indus Valley (similar to present day Punjab, Pakistan) the fertility cult has particular significance, as cultivation is perceived to be an act of procreating.
- Promotions Watch: Craft Beer at the Ballpark
- Over the last several years, the connection between Minor League Baseball and the craft beer indus Print try has steadily grown—and that trend will continue in 2016. Along with keeping their team branded beers on the menu, many clubs ...
- Fresh water fish constitute great part of food potential: Scholar
- A research scholor Ms Farkhanda Zaman Dayo said this in a M.S seminar on Analysis of essential, trace and toxic elements in different fish species and water in Indus river at Guddu barrage, Sindh, under the supervision of Professor Dr. Mushtaque Ali ...
- Korea providing $500m for infrastructure development
- “This tremendous economic achievement and progress is called the 'Miracle of the Han River' and we want similar 'Miracle of the Indus River in Pakistan',” he wished.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Indus River Topics
Related searcheschinook learning community
call sign us army
common law defenses