A selection of articles related to infections.
Original articles from our library related to the Infections. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Infections.
- Garlic: A Great Herb For Winter!
- Garlic is used for the common cold, and sore throat. It is a natural antibiotic and antiviral. It can be used for ear infections in children, high blood pressure, high colesterol, fungal infections, chronic or recurrent infections, frequent yeast infections,...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Arsenicum album (Arsenic)
- This remedy is made of white arsenic oxide; in the raw, pure form it provides a strong poison and in the potentiated forms it turns out to be a great medicine. The basic idea in homoeopathic Arsenicum is fearful anxiety, restlessness and nervous exhaustion....
Remedies >> Remedies A
- Echinacea, the Sacred Plant
- A full grown Echinacea-plant is an impressive and decorative appearance. You may consider giving her a place in your garden. This beautiful plant will probably steal your heart with her large, colorful and long lasting flowers. No doubt you have heard of...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary E
- Receptive. Element: Water. Healing, peace, meditation, widsom. General communication and writing stone. Logic, ideas, truth. Balances body energy levels via thyroid, pituitary, lymph, and other glands. Helps throat chakra, insomnia, neck, mouth, hearing,...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
- Psychic Protection - Barriers
- Introduction: The countermeasures given in these short articles are extremely basic. They only contain the bare bones of what is necessary to use them. To understand the principles behind these countermeasures, please get a copy of 'Practical Psychic Self-Defe...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Protection
- Receptive. Element: Earth. Lt blue/blue-green. A good general healer for all illnesses and excellent conductor (high copper). This gentle, cool, soothing stone is a Native American classic. It opens the throat chakra for open communication, creativity,...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
Infections is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Infections books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Recurrent Infections - AAAAI
- Recurrent Infections May Signal. Immunodeficiencies. Your immune system is constantly on the defense- fighting germs that could cause infections.
- Prevention of hospital-acquired infections World Health Organization
- 2.3.11 Role of the infection control team (hospital hygiene service).
Suggested News Resources
- Risks: Infections Follow Rise in Cardiac Implants
- 30 issue of The Journal of the American College of Cardiology, used a representative sample of hospital discharge records to estimate the number of infections caused by the devices. The incidence of infection in 2008 increased to 2.
- South Bay hospitals becoming healthier for patients
- By Melissa Evans Staff Writer Preventable infections have been dramatically reduced at hospitals around the state and in the South Bay as more attention is focused on patient safety.
- New AAP Urinary Tract Infection Guidelines
- Febrile urinary tract infections can cause renal scarring, which can later lead to problems with high blood pressure and end-stage renal disease.
- KGH adds doctor who specializes in wound infections
- By Michelle Dupler, Tri-City Herald A new doctor on staff at Kennewick General Hospital wants to improve the odds for diabetic patients of recovering from wound infections without the drastic step of amputation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Infection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hosts normally fight infections themselves via their immune system.
- Every child gets sick from time to time.
- Infections Center: Overview of Different Types of Infections on
- Understand the symptoms, causes and treatments of various infections like MRSA, staph and urinary tract infections.
- Infections: MedlinePlus
- Infections. ABPA see Aspergillosis · Abscess.