A selection of articles related to infinite dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Infinite Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Infinite Dictionary.
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- The Book of the Law, Liber 220, Part I
- I;1. Had! The manifestation of Nuit. I;2. The unveiling of the company of heaven. I;3. Every man and every woman is a star. I;4. Every number is infinite; there is no difference. I;5. Help me, o warrior lord of Thebes, in my unveiling before...
Thelema >> The Book of the Law
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
Infinite Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Infinite Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Our bountiful tongue runneth over with synonyms
- The other day I went to the bookstore to buy a dictionary. The clerk ... In William Styron's novel “Sophie's Choice,” the heroine, Polish-born Sophie Zawistowska, expresses mock horror at the infinite variety of English words: “Such a language!
- Carnal Conversations in Antony and Cleopatra
- The play, no doubt, continues to reward viewers and readers with its complicated and sexualized construction of power and politics in the “infinite variety” (2.2.241) of its leading lady, Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt.
- Free Speech and Fanatics: A Final Rejoinder to Sam Harris
- It is precisely to dull the reactions of the public and reduce the citizenry's scope of thought that the Inner Party in Orwell's 1984 studiously trims words from the dictionary. Harris claims that I am being hyperbolic ...
- Changes in language would cause ol' boss to cringe
- Like why are flammable and inflammable the same while finite and infinite (and countless other examples) are opposites. Look it up. The Random House College Dictionary says flammable means combustible or, get this, inflammable, while inflammable ...
- 'You Could Look It Up,' by Jack Lynch
- He then proceeds to unfold a sort of reference book of reference books, one of those magical volumes of infinite regress that, if it were to attain perfection, would include itself in its listing, and so on until the end of time. ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Infinite Dictionary Topics
enkping municipality history
downey california the first taco bell
adopted child syndrome