Internet Slang Origins
A selection of articles related to internet slang origins.
Original articles from our library related to the Internet Slang Origins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Internet Slang Origins.
- The Internet as a Magical Tool
- Ever consider the internet as a magical tool? Often the most magical of tools are not the ones we keep on our altar, but the ones that surround us every day, in places we never thought to look. The internet is one of the fastest growing "entities"...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Internet Slang Origins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Internet Slang Origins books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- How 'LOL' Became a Punctuation Mark
- This week, Kim Kardashian West did something she has done many, many times before: She posted a picture of herself on Instagram. This particular image, however, got a little more attention than her typical selfie.
- Juugin Like That: How the Internet is Breaking Down Hip-Hop's Regions
- In a weird, street rapper way he claims and copyrights the term before it hit the masses, likely expecting the song and slang to literally take off like jugg and finesse (which didn't quite happen).
- How popular culture appropriates and mutates gay lingo
- I wish I could go a day without someone claiming they're about to “throw shade” without understanding or knowing its origins. ... Unfortunately, expression must change to fit the standards of modern media's greatest medium, the Internet.
- Better Know a Commenter: W.Smith86
- You'd have thought it was the end of the world when RA packed up things to move to the SB Nation. Royals Review was enjoyable from the get-go. There's a lot of wit in the community.
- LOL: Look at this list of new Italian words
- Many of these are to do with the Internet and social media, while others are hybrids of English and Italian. Here are ...
Internet Slang Origins Topics
Related searchescolon anatomy sigmoid colon
doom wad megawads
dream interpretation hunting
autopsy internal examination