A selection of articles related to ireland.
Original articles from our library related to the Ireland. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ireland.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Ireland is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ireland books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Small Business in Ireland.vp
- The lack of a unique business identifier in Ireland limits to a This report presents a comprehensive picture of the contribution of small business in Ireland.
- Northern Ireland Public Transport Network map
- database rights NIMA ES&LA211. 92. Northern Ireland Public Transport Network.
- IRELAND. Statement by. H.
- NATIONAL ARCHIVES OF IRELAND
- NATIONAL ARCHIVES OF IRELAND. APPLICATION FOR READER'S TICKET.
Suggested News Resources
- David Wallace ruled out of Rugby World Cup as Ireland's problems mount
- Ireland's David Wallace lies injured after the tackle from England's Manu Tuilagi that ended his involvement in the World Cup.
- Solid England defeat Ireland
- England will head to the World Cup in high spirits after beating Ireland 20-9 on Saturday for its first win in Dublin in eight years.
- Let's put it right
- By Conor McKeon BLANKET defences, swarming attacks, marauding half-backs, target men and inside snipers ... there are a million and one tactical clichés doing the rounds about tomorrow's All-Ireland semi-final clash between Dublin and Donegal.
- Teachers' union leader Bunting dies
- The Northern Ireland teachers' union leader Frank Bunting has died aged 61. Mr Bunting was best known for his dedication to the trade union movement and to creating an inclusive society.
- Tampered Nurofen tablets found in Northern Ireland
- One of the packets of Nurofen Plus which led to a recall of the painkiller was found in Northern Ireland. The strip of tablets had been substituted with a prescription medicine for epilepsy.
Suggested Web Resources
- Government of Ireland
- Government in Ireland, Health, Housing, Justice, Money and Tax,Moving Country, Social Welfare, and Travel and Recreation. © Government of Ireland.
- Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ireland is an island to the northwest of continental Europe. It is the third-largest island in Europe and the twentieth-largest island in the world.
- Jun 8, 2011 Offers travel information including Background Notes, entry and exit requirements , safety and security, crime, health and transport.
- Dublin, Ireland Vacations, Tourism, Guides, Hotels, Things to Do
- Dublin, Ireland vacations: Find the best Dublin, Ireland hotels, attractions, maps, pictures, weather, airport information, travel advice and more on Yahoo! Travel.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.