A selection of articles related to irish myths.
Original articles from our library related to the Irish Myths. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Irish Myths.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Irish Myth Cycles
- The myths and legends of a people are central to it's religion. It is from these stories that we derive our attitudes towards people and nature, and understand our deities. The famous and infamous deeds of a people's past, human and divine, provide a sense of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Irish Myths is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Irish Myths books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Rhetoric of Myth, Magic, and Conversion: Ancient Irish Rhetoric
- we see how Irish myths and legends employed the recurring repetition of common myth, and magic, which promoted and preserved Irish culture and values.
- E:\zNew Trials - Sept 01 on WP\NL220 - Ireland in Schools
- Irish myths & legends - the background, page 2. 1.
- Cathie Ryan Selected Workshops
- insurrections, there existed an Ireland known to us only through legend and myth. This Irish myths on line at: http://www.luminarium.
- K:\Sacred Mushroom Stems & Pieces\CUCHULAI
- ancient Irish myths contain thinly-veiled allusions to Amanita muscaria. Peter Lamborn Wilson was among the first to point this out in his 1995 article “Irish Soma.
Suggested News Resources
- Belfast City Hall seeks stained glass myths and legends
- Belfast City Hall is inviting submissions for a new stained glass window depicting Irish myths and legends. The budget for it is more than twenty thousand pounds and it will be displayed in the public part of the building.
- HEAT AND TENSION POUR FROM PAGES
- As Aengus' reality becomes more centered on Irish folklore and less in worldly events, Thayer becomes increasingly lonely and concerned about his absorption in Irish myths and legends. She finds his behavior curious, his detachment perceptible.
Suggested Web Resources
- IRISH LITERATURE, MYTHOLOGY, FOLKLORE, AND DRAMA
- Website for Irish and Celtic literature, mythology, and folklore, including Fairy tales, mythological hero tales, and study resources.
- Top 10 Irish Myths and Legends | Top 10 Lists | TopTenz.net
- Mar 17, 2011 Ireland's long history is riddled with ancient mythology and folklore.
- Irish, Myths and Legends.
- A Concise Guide to Mystical Ireland, Myth, Magic & Folklore.
- Ireland Now Myths and Lengends of Ireland
- Irish history is rich with myths and legends. The adventures of the famous seer- warrior Fionn Mac Cumhaill are still known to many Irish people.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Irish Myths Topics
Related searchesbanjo paterson
pride and prejudice bbc trivia
dream dictionary robbery