A selection of articles related to islamic art.
Original articles from our library related to the Islamic Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Islamic Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Islamic Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Islamic Art books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Islamic Art and Geometric Design: Activities for Learning
- enabled us to publish Islamic Art and Geometric.
- Islamic Art and Culture: a resource for teachers
- and Mosque: Islamic Art from the Victoria and Albert Museum. It has been Jameel Gallery of Islamic Art, which is dedicated to the memory of. Mr.
- What is Islamic Art?
- However, there is a very rich history of art in the Islamic world. Among the forms or Painting. There are two main categories of painting in Islamic art.
Suggested News Resources
- 16th century Turkish flask with links to Egypt's presidential palace to be
- A 16th century Iznik bottle flask from a private Belgian collection is one of the top items in Bonhams' next sale of Indian and Islamic art on 4 October.
- Libya's Islamic Museum Overrun By Rebels
- Saif regularly attended Sotheby's and Christie's auctions and was known to be building an Islamic art collection for the new museum, which had been scheduled to open in the capital next month.
- Archaeology experts meet to discuss conference
- The eight delegates from the UK, the US, Germany, China and Japan were welcomed by the University College London Qatar (UCL Qatar) and the Museum of Islamic Art for a two-day meeting.
- Belarus leader visits Museum of Islamic Art
- Doha: Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko and his accompanying delegation yesterday paid a visit to the Museum of Islamic Art.
- Turkish flask from 1575 with links to Egypt's Presidential Palace for sale at
- A 16th century Iznik bottle flask from a private Belgian collection with an interesting history linking it to current events in Egypt is one of the top items in Bonhams next sale of Indian and Islamic art on October 4th.
Suggested Web Resources
- Islamic art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Textile Museum collections.
- The Islamic art collection at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Linda Komaroff, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, describes the development of Islamic art and the historical and cultural traditions from which it emerged.
- Islamic Art
- Art is the mirror of a culture and its world view. There is no case to which this statement more directly applies than to the art of the Islamic world.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Islamic Art Topics
Related searchesextremadura culture
tulsa race riot aftermath
dream dictionary iceberg
pancharatra agama agamas