A selection of articles related to islamic astronomy.
Original articles from our library related to the Islamic Astronomy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Islamic Astronomy.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- ASTRONICA: Blessing or Nightmare for Astrology?
- If NASA's engineers only had eleventh-century astronomy knowledge, do you think they could have landed the "Rover" on Mars? If modern day astrophysicists could only make use of ancient Assyrian astronomy, do you think they would have been able to...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Islamic Astronomy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Islamic Astronomy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Islamic astronomy by Owen Gingerich.
- Jan 20, 2005 Two circumstances fostered the growth of astronomy in Islamic lands. The traces of medieval Islamic astronomy are conspicuous even today.
- Chapter 10: Islamic Astronomy
- Chapter 10: Islamic Astronomy. Tofigh Heidarzadeh.
- Medieval Islamic Astronomy (130/750 - 1165/1750)
- May 12, 2011 The sources of medieval Islamic astronomy. 2. Rough outline of the development of medieval Islamic astronomy.
- Sundial or Shadow Clock
- astronomical importance in the structure of kaaba. • problems in Islamic astronomy. • solutions to problems by astronomers.
- The Islamic Astrolabe
- The Islamic Astrolabe. An Indicator of the Role of Islamic. Astronomy During the Middle Ages by.
Suggested News Resources
- Arab space conference to promote inventors
- The conference has decided to organise the 6th Islamic Astronomy Conference in Amman, Jordan, in 2013 and holding the 11th Space and Astronomy Sciences Conference at Al Sharja University in UAE in 2014.
Suggested Web Resources
- Arab and Islamic Astronomy - StarTeach Astronomy Education
- Perhaps the most fascinating aspect of Islamic astronomy is the fact that it built on the sciences of two great cultures, the Greek and the Indian.
- Islamic astronomy by Owen Gingerich
- An article by Owen Gingerich, in Scientific American, on ancient astronomy preserved and improved in the Islamic empire.
- Islamic astronomy - The history and importance of Arabic astronomy.
- There were many important achievements in the history of Islamic astronomy,also called Arabic astronomy.