A selection of articles related to islamic astronomy.
Original articles from our library related to the Islamic Astronomy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Islamic Astronomy.
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- ASTRONICA: Blessing or Nightmare for Astrology?
- If NASA's engineers only had eleventh-century astronomy knowledge, do you think they could have landed the "Rover" on Mars? If modern day astrophysicists could only make use of ancient Assyrian astronomy, do you think they would have been able to...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
Islamic Astronomy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Islamic Astronomy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Thousands flock to Indonesia for total solar eclipse
- “Our Prophet Mohammed said the prayer signifies the greatness of Allah, who created this wonderful phenomenon,” said Ma'ruf Amin, chairman of the Indonesian Ulema Council, the country's top Islamic clerical body. But some of Indonesia's tribespeople ...
- Building with humaneness
- The traditional Indian wisdom stands out in designing the Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur, and the campus for Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) at Pune. A tribute to founder of ...
- Me, My Phone and Mecca
- It is crucially about honoring the great Islamic empires, who contributed strides to mathematics, astronomy, medicine, sciences in general, by kindling the intellectual inspiration to learn and achieve more.
- How Medieval Islam Influenced Modern Judaism
- They translated and discussed the available works of Aristotle and Plato, as well as Euclid (mathematics), Archimedes (mathematics and science), Galen (medicine), and Ptolemy (astronomy). . Based on what they learned from the Greeks, Islamic sages ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.