A selection of articles related to islands.
Original articles from our library related to the Islands. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Islands.
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Crow Lore
- Crow Lore One Crow Sorrow Two Crows Joy Three Crows a Wedding Four Crows a Boy Five crows Silver Six Crows Gold Seven Crows a Secret Never to be told. poem contributed by email@example.com Crows have in many cultures, been a bird used in divination,...
Symbology >> Animals
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Islands is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Islands books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Marshall Islands begins legal action aimed at global nuclear disarmament
- The Marshall Islands has begun an extraordinary legal challenge against the world's nuclear powers, aiming to reinvigorate momentum towards global nuclear disarmament.
- Two women named to lead Cal State campuses Chico and Channel Islands
- California State University trustees named two women to lead the Chico and Channel Islands campuses, paving the way for the nation's largest university system to have more women serving as presidents than at any time in its history. Erika D.
- Lost WW2 fighter planes are discovered off of the Solomon Islands
- Dramatic images show these once powerful war machines, now lying dormant on the sea-bed off the coast of the Solomon Islands in the South Pacific. The planes, a Japanese Mitsubishi A6M Zero long ranger fighter aircraft, an America Grumman F6F ...
- Dredging set for October; sand will go to Hueneme
- The every-other-year dredging that replenishes the sand on Port Hueneme's beaches is on track for October, according to Channel Islands Harbor Development Director Lyn Krieger. In a report to the Port Hueneme City Council at its regular meeting Monday, ...
Related searchesmt haruna
chicago transit authority history
lithtech jupiter extended ex
duke of wellington
gwen m boniface