- Space Archaeologist Sarah Parcak Wins TED Prize, Launching New Project Next Year
- “So what we did is we used NASA topography data to map out the landscape, very subtle changes,” she said when she discussed the hunt to find the lost city of Itjtawy.
- The Metropolitan Museum wants to transform our view of Ancient Egypt
- The Met's first project there ran from 1906 to 1934 at el-Lisht, south of Cairo, which was the site of the Middle Kingdom's new capital, Itjtawy, founded in 1981 BC by Amenemhat I soon after he became king.
- TED 2012: For they are jolly good fellows
- The city is Itj-tawy, and is believed to have been ancient Egypt's capital 4,000 years ago. Ms Parcak has always had a passion for finding things, beginning as a child with shells on the beaches of her native Maine, in the north-eastern US.
Itjtawy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Itjtawy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
whitebait new zealand whitebait
tiger airways history