A selection of articles related to jack.
Original articles from our library related to the Jack. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jack.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
Jack is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jack books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Biographical Note John Walton
- John C. “Jack” Walton was born in Indianapolis, Indiana on March 6, 1881 and lived ten years of his youth in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Sep 13, 2010 8.4 Controlling & querying JACK server operation . .
- Jack M
- Jack M. Beermann. December 2010.
- Jack Dangermond
- 40 years ago, Jack Danger- mond pioneered the business of geographic information systems (GIS).
- Jack Lynch
- Jack Lynch. Department of English. 11 Lumar Rd.
Suggested News Resources
- Canadians bid farewell to Layton
- Canada's prime minister, governor general, representatives of political parties and members of the public have attended the state funeral in Toronto of opposition leader Jack Layton.
- Jack Layton state funeral full of music, tributes, political rallying
- The coffin of the late NDP leader Jack Layton is carried into Roy Thomson Hall for his state funeral in Toronto on Saturday, August 27, 2011.
- Party Leaders Want Jack Kimball Out As GOP Chairman
- Back in January, when Jack Kimball was elected to lead NH Republicans the 63-year-old political novice seemed to embody the hope that Tea Party passion might inspire a conservative renaissance within the GOP. Kimball certainly sounded the part.
Suggested Web Resources
- JACK | connecting a world of audio
- Jun 29, 2011 JACK is system for handling real-time, low latency audio (and MIDI).
- Jack Sponsored By: "I'd have to say that "Jack" has balls that painfully few comics are brave enough to drag around. And it's not afraid to use them...
- IMDb - Jack (1996)
- Directed by Francis Ford Coppola. With Robin Williams, Diane Lane, Brian Kerwin, Jennifer Lopez.
- Jack in the Box
- Jack in the Box is among the nation's leading fast-food hamburger chains, with more than 2200 quick-serve restaurants in 19 states.
polycontrast interface photography