A selection of articles related to jain ethics.
Original articles from our library related to the Jain Ethics. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jain Ethics.
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Privacy, Ethics & OBE
- There is a widespread belief stemming from early this century that has not only remained unchanged but has been continually propagated ever since. This belief is that if a projector deliberately invades the privacy of another person for immoral purposes or...
Astral Projection >> Out of Body Experiences
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- A Basic View of Paganism or Bambi Pagansim
- "You people are all so nice! I like the idea of Paganism, but I don't think I could be that nice all the time." The writer was genuinely perplexed and driven to ask me if it is really possible that Pagans, Witches and Wiccans really lived such...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
Jain Ethics is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jain Ethics books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Jain Way of Life and Ethical Living and Environment 1.0 Jain Ethics
- 1.0 Jain Ethics. Jainism states that; earth, water, fire, air, and vegetation which constitute the five basic elements of our environment, possess life.
- ROLE OF JAINA ETHICS IN PEACE AND HARMONY OF GLOBAL
- The social organizations as anticipated by Jaina ethics, do not make any distinction on the basis of caste, creed or colour.
- The Role of Jainism in Evolving a Global Ethics
- The Role of Jainism in Evolving a Global Ethics. - Dr. Sohan Raj Tater.
- JAIN BUSINESS ETHICS by Atul K. Shah Chief Executive of Diverse
- Atul K. Shah. 115.
- Jiva (Soul) in Jainism
- Jainism, Life, and Environmental Ethics. Christopher Key Chapple, Loyola Marymount University.
Suggested News Resources
- Scholars translate Jain verses in new books
- this is the first time we will have Shabdartham (translated meaning of every word), and more importantly, commentaries from acharyas (religious scholars) from centuries ago,” said Dayanand Bhargav, a professor from Jaipur who has a PhD in Jain ethics.
Suggested Web Resources
- Jain Ethics - ReligionFacts
- Aug 23, 2004 Overview of the ethical principles of Jainism, which center on nonviolence.
- Twelve Vows Of Layperson - Sacred Texts
- Jan 19, 1993 A01 Complied by Pravin K.
- Jainism – Ron Huntington
- These steps are the practical ethics of Jainism.
- Jainism: An Introduction (Reality Based Ethics)
- Nov 17, 2003 (Reality Based Ethics) (1). by Duli Chandra Jain, Flushing, NY.
- Jainism (religion) :: Jain ethics -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Jainism (religion), Jain ethics, Britannica Online Encyclopedia, The Three Jewels constitute the basis of the Jain doctrinal and ethical stance.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.