Jamestown Virginia Later Colonial Era
A selection of articles related to jamestown virginia later colonial era.
Original articles from our library related to the Jamestown Virginia Later Colonial Era. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jamestown Virginia Later Colonial Era.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Jamestown Virginia Later Colonial Era is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jamestown Virginia Later Colonial Era books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- With Execution Drugs Scarce, Virginia Pols Approve Renewed Use Of Electric Chair
- Brief history of the death penalty. The history of the death penalty in Virginia dates back to 1608, when George Kendall was executed in the Jamestown colony for treason.
- Band Tales: When Birds Wear Silver
- It was his first time hunting waterfowl, his first shot and first bird. Talk about beginner's luck.
- Putting names to bones
- William Kelso is director of archaeology at the Jamestown Rediscovery Project in Virginia, a project to excavate the first successful British settlement in America, founded in 1607. Last summer he helped announce that four ...
- More than a thousand pre-registered runners for Sunday's Sentara Colonial Half
- After the half marathon portion of the race was canceled last year due to icy conditions on the course (the on-campus 5K was held, though), the 38th annual Sentara Colonial Half Marathon returns this Sunday. The race starts at 1:10 p.m.
- The search continues for Fort Germanna
- Virginia Commonwealth University archaeology students will help the folks at the Germanna Foundation uncover its long-sought-after 1714 Fort Germanna and Enchanted Castle site in Locust Grove. According ...