A selection of articles related to japanese mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Japanese Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Japanese Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Japanese Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Japanese Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Japanese Mythology A to Z
- African Mythology A to Z. Celtic Mythology A to Z. Chinese Mythology A to Z.
- ASIAN MYTHOLOGY SEMINAR
- Comparing the classical myths of Japan with those of its surrounding areas, it is obvious Japanese myths are unique, and privileged as mythological material.
- International Association for Comparative Mythology, Second
- Can Japanese Mythology contribute to the Comparative Eurasian Mythology?
- Basic Mentality seen in Japanese Mythology: with Izumo's
- Japanese mythology reflects the mind of ancient Japanese people.
Suggested News Resources
- Share this post×
- On these trains, spirits and monsters from Japanese mythology scare the heck out of children who are shocked and betrayed that their parents would make them ride an electrical railway rife with supernatural danger.
- "El Shaddai" lets you beat the holy heck out of the heavenly host
- Celestial folklore from Japanese mythology has inspired such great games as "Otogi" and "Okami.
- Hereford man's tatoo wins top prize
- A HEREFORD man made a colourful impression at a tattoo convention when his huge Japanese mythology effort won top prize.
- News: Iwata Asks - Star Fox 64 3D
- Thus a series was born and the world was given Fox, Andross, General Pepper, Falco and Peppy, for better or worse, and each character was designed to draw upon Japanese mythology.
Suggested Web Resources
- Japanese mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Japanese mythology is a system of beliefs that embraces Shinto and Buddhist traditions as well as agriculture-based folk religion.
- JAPANESE MYTH
- JAPANESE MYTH. If this is the first visit for you, please read THE UNDERWORLD first, then keep clicking the 'Previous' button.
- Encyclopedia Mythica: Japanese mythology.
- Mar 1, 2011 The available articles in the Japanese mythology area.
- Japanese Mythology
- Japanese Mythology. In Japan we have many stories about God and Goddess. But we forgot them little by little.
- Japanese Mythology - artelino
- artelino - Japanese mythology - gods and goddesses, demons and ghosts.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Japanese Mythology Topics
Related searchesnitric acid uses
firearm action delayed blowback
star alliance membership history
lady in the dark
cambridge massachusetts economy