A selection of articles related to jataka.
Original articles from our library related to the Jataka. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jataka.
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Jataka is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jataka books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Psychoanalysis and Jātaka Stories
- The renowned Sri Lankan Literary genius Martin Wicramasinghe D.Lit. argues that the Psychoanalysis was initiated not by Freud but by the Jātaka Storyteller.
- What's a Bodhisattva?
- These stories are told in Jataka Tales, like folk tales or fables. They illustrate the Buddha developing good qualities over time.
- Decoding Scalia's Secret Hunting Society, From Jägermeister to Medieval Heresy
- The first act of the story is based on an eighth-or-ninth century Syriac translation of the first-century Nigrodhamiga-Jātaka, the legend of King Brahmadatta of Benares and the Banyan Deer. Here the Hubert/Eustace character is the great King Brahmadatta.
- Prayers and Religious Teachings as Part of Tibetan New Year
- Tibetans in Dharamsala, India gathered at the main Temple of Tsuglak-Khang on February 22, which fell on the 15th day of the first Tibetan lunar month, to offer prayers and receive teachings from Jataka tales (Buddha's life story) from Jhador Rinpoche, ...
- Culture: Seven interesting points about the Thai Ramakien
- The Rama Jataka is popular in Laos and some northeastern parts of Thailand where it is recited during ceremonies for the dead and cremations. 3.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.