A selection of articles related to javadi hills.
Original articles from our library related to the Javadi Hills. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Javadi Hills.
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 33
- Chapter 33 33:1 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death. 33:2 And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 49
- Chapter 49 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days. 49:2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father. 49:3...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
Javadi Hills is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Javadi Hills books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Case History of Colonization in the Asian Elephant: Koundinya
- 40 km southwards to the Javadi Hills (Tamil. Nadu).
- Circular migration and rural cosmopolitanism in India
- lenders in the Javadi Hills. Brideprice, house-building, and the consump- tion of cigarettes, soaps, radios, watches, clothes and shoes are additional priorities.
- AMPHIBIA SECTION, HQ
- Progress Made: One survey was conducted in Koraput &. Rayagada area of Orissa and one survey was conducted in. Shevaroy and Javadi hills of Tamil Nadu.
- Ethnomedicinal studies of the woody species of Kalrayan
- direction, meeting the Western Ghats in the Nilgiris. Hills and on the Southeast Javadi hills, Melagiris,.
Suggested News Resources
- TOI Social Impact Awards: They script a win-win story with rural women
- VELLORE: For years, Poochiamma, a tribal woman from north Tamil Nadu's Javadi Hills, would spend most of her day looking for work. A daily-wage labourer, her hungry and malnourished children were school dropouts.
Suggested Web Resources
- Pictures of the Javadi Hills, India Area
- Panoramio photos of area around Javadi Hills, India.
- Javadi Hills (hills, India) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
- Javadi Hills (hills, India), range of hills, one of the larger of the Eastern Ghats, in northern Tamil Nadu state, southeastern India.
- Trekking in Javadi Hills
- Javadi Hills are divided into eastern and western parts by two tributaries Cheyyar and Agaram Rivers.
- Bike trip - Javadi Hills - YouTube
- Like Add to. Share. Loading...