A selection of articles related to javanese art.
Original articles from our library related to the Javanese Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Javanese Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Javanese Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Javanese Art books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 2011 Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship Programme
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship. 25 April – 29 July 2011. A.
- 2011 INDONESIAN ARTS AND CULTURE SCHOLARSHIP
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship. 25 April —~ 29 July 2011. A.
- THE SAN FRANCISCO DESIGN CENTER
- accented San Francisco living room designed by FIsher Weisman. • Below: Paul.
- Indonesian Textiles from Dress to Art
- Indonesian Textiles from Dress to Art. Michael C. Howard.
Suggested News Resources
- A city rises from the ashes
- The palace opens daily, as it's been rebranded Javanese Art and Culture Centre. Visitors are not allowed to wear hats walking inside the palace. The popular mode of transport in Yogyakarta is the tricycle, becak.
Suggested Web Resources
- Javanese people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Art. Kris, traditional weapon and an Indonesian intangible cultural heritage.
- Javanese Folk Art Paintings and Figures (Art-Pacific.com: New
- (Original article) Javanese epic, historical and personal stories are depicted on screens, in glass paintings and with paired wooden figures.
- Historic Javanese Art Treasures Victims Of Looting - Forbes.com
- Apr 3, 2002 Since Suharto's fall, looting of ancient temples has become widespread and unchecked.