Jayakanthan Short Stories
A selection of articles related to jayakanthan short stories.
Original articles from our library related to the Jayakanthan Short Stories. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jayakanthan Short Stories.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- A Couple Ghost Stories
- I don’t know many Cambridge ghosts but perhaps readers might enlighten me as to how many we have in the area. As a matter of fact, the Cambridge Archives would be pleased to have a collection of stories for the files. If you care to write up a story related...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Jayakanthan Short Stories is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jayakanthan Short Stories books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Jayakanthan's stories as they first appeared
- Popular Tamil writer Jayakanthan, winner of both Sahitya Akademi and Jnanapith award, is again on the spotlight.
- Jayakanthan ~ Icon of Tamil Literature
- The idols in Jayakanthan's novels and short stories are not sophisticated and classy, but they are downgraded people such as rickshaw-pullers, prostitutes and cooly workers.
- Changing cities
- PRAPANCHAN is the pseudonym of writer Sarangapani Vaithilingam. His first collection of short stories in Tamil was released in 1961. Since then, he has been a prolific writer with 250 short stories, 14 Kurunavalgal, 10 novels and 300 essays to his credit.
- Ordinary people, remarkable stories
- And that's why my all time favourite hero is Jayakanthan's beggar, in the story Naan Irukkiraen. The beggar's body has been ravaged by Hansen's disease. He has no companion except his thoughts, and yet what happy thoughts they are!