A selection of articles related to jewish calendar.
Original articles from our library related to the Jewish Calendar. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jewish Calendar.
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- What is Kabbalah
- Kabbalah can be interpreted and explained in different ways. Kaballah is quite difficult to categorize since its philosophy cannot be verified and not based on historic fact.
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Jewish Calendar is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jewish Calendar books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Jewish Calendar -
- The Hebrew lunar calendar is “set” differently than the solar calendar. The day begins at Actually, the Jewish calendar might best be described as “luni-solar.
- Calendar of Major Jewish Holidays
- Calendar of Major Jewish Holidays. School Years 2006-2007 through 2010-2011 . Holidays begin the evening before the day noted.
- JEWISH CALENDAR • 5771 • 2010-2011
- JEWISH CALENDAR • 5771 • 2010-2011. Shlomo & Sarah Abraham. Dana & Jeff Illman.
Suggested News Resources
- New year brings optimism
- Toward the end of August begins the last month of the Jewish calendar, the month of Elul.
- Opinion: At a Time of Tragedy, Finding Comfort in Jewish Calendar
- One source of comfort for me came from a surprising place: the Jewish calendar. I wanted to know more about what was happening on the day that Robin and Josh died.
- Muslim scientists: On the shoulders of giants
- His minor works cover topics such as the astrolabe, the sundial and the Jewish calendar. LEGACY: Al Khwarizmi is considered the Father of modern Algebra.
- Don't take Jewish calendars for granted
- By Rabbi Jack Riemer PALACES OF TIME: Jewish Calendar and Culture in Early Modern Europe, by Dr. Elisheva Carlebach, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Mass. 2011, 292 pages, $35.
Suggested Web Resources
- Jewish Calendar, Hebrew Date Converter, Holidays - hebcal.com
- Interactive web interface for generating a list of Jewish dates and times customized to zip codes, converting between Hebrew and Gregorian dates.
- Judaism 101: Jewish Calendar
- Learn about the Jewish calendar, its background and history, the numbering of Jewish years, the months of the Jewish year and the days of the Jewish week.
- Jewish Calendar - Hebrew Calendar
- Most comprehensive and advanced Jewish calendar online.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Jewish Calendar Topics
Related searcheswomen artists baroque era
brazilian portuguese use of tenses
bluetooth bluetooth 10 and 10b
dry cell practical considerations
life of pi richard parker