A selection of articles related to jewish canon.
Original articles from our library related to the Jewish Canon. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jewish Canon.
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- What is Kabbalah
- Kabbalah can be interpreted and explained in different ways. Kaballah is quite difficult to categorize since its philosophy cannot be verified and not based on historic fact.
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Jewish Canon is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jewish Canon books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ARGUING THE MODERN JEWISH CANON
- Arguing the modern Jewish canon : essays on literature and culture in honor of Ruth R. Wisse ,i' ... Publisher: Harvard University Center for-Jewish Studies.
- Josephus and the twenty-two-book canon of sacred scripture
- Duane L. Christensen*. In rabbinic tradition the canon of the Hebrew Bible is generally presented ...
- THE ORDER OF THE BOOKS IN THE HEBREW BIBLE greg goswell*
- is not to justify and promote a particular order of books, whether Jewish or. Christian ... Book of the Twelve (as Hosea–Malachi is viewed in the Hebrew canon).
- Canon of the OT and the NT
- The Jewish nickname for their Sacred Scriptures is TNK (pronounced Tanak) = Torah, ... Septuagint (Greek Jewish canon; = "70" from the legend that 70 [or 72?] ...
- Chapter 6: The Canon of Scripture - Western Reformed Seminary
- discussion in “The Canon for of Scripture: Can We Be Sure Which Books Are ... The best non-biblical evidence for the Jewish definition of the canon in the time ...
Suggested News Resources
- Canon BioMedical expands genotyping assays affecting people of Ashkenazi
- Of those of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage, approximately one quarter carry a genetic condition, such as Canavan disease, Gaucher disease, or Tay-Sachs disease, in their DNA. Canon BioMedical is continuing to support the research of these conditions by ...
- Two Jewish literary awards provide more opportunities
- No longer is the book awards ceremony anchored to the annual Toronto Jewish Book Fair as it was in recent years. Instead, the Koffler is planning a Vine Awards reading series featuring the award-winners and “other writers in the Canadian Jewish canon,” ...
- Cardinal Wilfrid Napier calls it quits
- Durban - Cardinal Wilfrid Napier, the leader of the Catholic Church in South Africa, has written to Pope Francis, tendering his resignation - in line with canon law that requires him to step down on his 75th birthday.
- Being Jewish BFF's at the New York Philharmonic
- Scoring his work for piano, clarinet, violin and cello, the French composer finished “Quartet” as a prisoner of war in the winter of 1941, in a German internment camp called Stalag VIII-A.
Suggested Web Resources
- Development of the Hebrew Bible canon - Wikipedia, the free
- The book of 2 Maccabees, itself not a part of the Jewish canon, describes Nehemiah (around 400 BCE) as having "founded a library and collected books about ...
- Creating the Canon - My Jewish Learning
- Oct 17, 2012 Home → Texts: Books of the Jews → Bible → Hebrew Bible → Ancient Jewish Texts → Bible as Ancient Literature → Creating the Canon ...
- BIBLE CANON - JewishEncyclopedia.com
- The Jewish canon comprises twenty-four books, the five of the Pentateuch, eight books of the Prophets (Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah, ...
- Canons of the Hebrew Bible - CRI Voice
- Dec 17, 2014 The Jewish canon is usually associated with the Council of Jamnia around AD 90 , while the Christian canon was not defined until the fourth ...
- Canon Supplement
- The Hebrew Bible (often called The Old Testament by Christians) was the result of many revisions and changes over time. The concept of a Hebrew canon ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Jewish Canon Topics
helen keller honors
meaning of dreams about thief
abarat islands of the abarat