A selection of articles related to jewish gnosticism.
Original articles from our library related to the Jewish Gnosticism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jewish Gnosticism.
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- What is Kabbalah
- Kabbalah can be interpreted and explained in different ways. Kaballah is quite difficult to categorize since its philosophy cannot be verified and not based on historic fact.
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Divinity: Thought We are Many, Are We One?
- Dear Questioner, You asked if there was such a thing as Christian Wicca. The simple answer is, of course there is! The tradition of communing with all the lovely fellow spirits in this cosmos goes way back beyond apostolic times. Didn't the Magi (plural for...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Jewish Gnosticism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jewish Gnosticism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Ascension Motif of 2 Corinthians 12 in Jewish, Christian and
- ascension motif is not uniquely Jewish or distinctively Gnostic. Neither does Paul's. description in 2 Corinthians make it an exclu- sively Christian motif.
- Notes on the Study of Merkabah Mysticism and Hekhalot Literature
- The typescript was corrected by Scholem, whose notes appear in the margins. Scholem mentions Smith's translation in Jewish Gnosticism…, page 11, note 4.
- 1 1 Jewish Wisdom and Apocalyptic in Gnostic Apocalypses SBL
- Ancient Gnosticism is a parade example of how Jewish wisdom traditions and Jewish . aptly be regarded as an example of “Jewish Gnostic” literature.
- THE DESCENT OF ISHTAR, THE FALL OF SOPHIA, AND THE
- AND THE JEWISH ROOTS OF GNOSTICISM G. W. MacRae, "The Jewish Background of the Gnostic ..
- The Holy Bible In Its Original Order - A New English Translation - A
- Judaism and Jewish Gnosticism, but also of the pagan Gnostic religions of Samaria and Egypt—as well as other heathen religions.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- JewishEncyclopedia.com - GNOSTICISM:
- An esoteric system of theology and philosophy. It presents one of the most obscure and complicated problems in the general ...
- Jewish Origins of Gnosticism
- Friedlander Revisited: Alexandrian Judaism and Gnostic Origins.
- A Definition of Gnosticism
- While some scholars believe Jewish Gnostics came later, there is no reason to believe Jewish Gnosticism wasn't an early development.
- Gnosticism: Jewish Gnosticism
- A second factor which contributed greatly to Gnosticism was the spirit of Oriental mysticism.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Jewish Gnosticism Topics
lise lyng falkenberg
prince of the city
cookie origin of name