A selection of articles related to jewish gnosticism.
Original articles from our library related to the Jewish Gnosticism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jewish Gnosticism.
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- What is Kabbalah
- Kabbalah can be interpreted and explained in different ways. Kaballah is quite difficult to categorize since its philosophy cannot be verified and not based on historic fact.
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- An Opinion on Magick
- When I decided to write an article on magick I didn’t quite foresee what a difficult subject it was to write about. Magick, (real magick, not the tricks that David Copperfield does) is still considered to be somewhat of a taboo subject. Even in this...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Jewish Gnosticism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jewish Gnosticism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Ascension Motif of 2 Corinthians 12 in Jewish, Christian and
- ascension motif is not uniquely Jewish or distinctively Gnostic. Neither does Paul's. description in 2 Corinthians make it an exclu- sively Christian motif.
- Notes on the Study of Merkabah Mysticism and Hekhalot Literature
- The typescript was corrected by Scholem, whose notes appear in the margins. Scholem mentions Smith's translation in Jewish Gnosticism…, page 11, note 4.
- 1 1 Jewish Wisdom and Apocalyptic in Gnostic Apocalypses SBL
- Ancient Gnosticism is a parade example of how Jewish wisdom traditions and Jewish . aptly be regarded as an example of “Jewish Gnostic” literature.
- THE DESCENT OF ISHTAR, THE FALL OF SOPHIA, AND THE
- AND THE JEWISH ROOTS OF GNOSTICISM G. W. MacRae, "The Jewish Background of the Gnostic ..
- The Holy Bible In Its Original Order - A New English Translation - A
- Judaism and Jewish Gnosticism, but also of the pagan Gnostic religions of Samaria and Egypt—as well as other heathen religions.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- JewishEncyclopedia.com - GNOSTICISM:
- An esoteric system of theology and philosophy. It presents one of the most obscure and complicated problems in the general ...
- Jewish Origins of Gnosticism
- Friedlander Revisited: Alexandrian Judaism and Gnostic Origins.
- A Definition of Gnosticism
- While some scholars believe Jewish Gnostics came later, there is no reason to believe Jewish Gnosticism wasn't an early development.
- Gnosticism: Jewish Gnosticism
- A second factor which contributed greatly to Gnosticism was the spirit of Oriental mysticism.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Jewish Gnosticism Topics
Related searchested dibiase quotes
railcar capable ferries
distortion teletypewriter signaling
charity forms of dn
foreign relations of greece albania