A selection of articles related to jewish mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Jewish Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jewish Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Jewish Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jewish Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- It's no myth: Jews, storytelling and the oral tradition
- Those explanations were later recorded in the Talmud, but for centuries the laws and legends were maintained as an oral tradition passed down through the generations, says Howard Schwartz, an author, storyteller and expert on Jewish mythology. It's the ...
- March 6-7: Maureen McVerry, Balboa Theater Day, Old Mint open house, Jewish
- Is There a Jewish Mythology?: The talk by National Jewish Book Award-winner Howard Schwartz weighs the evidence for and against the view that Judaism has its own extensive mythological tradition. [1:30 p.
- How Nancy Reagan Won Our Respect
- Former first lady Nancy Reagan is helped to the podium by former Treasury Secretary James Baker, left, and Frederick Ryan, chairman of the Board of Trustees at the Ronald Reagan President Foundation, right, during the ceremony to unveil a statue of ...
- Ronnie Kasrils: A non-racial SA is possible
- As part of Independent Media's #RacismStopsWithMe campaign, Janet Smith interviewed Ronnie Kasrils earlier this year about why he didn't become a racist, and whether a non-racial future is a mythology.
- Bob Dylan's Jewish Odyssey
- Over the years, though, the man behind the legend has emerged somewhat and it has become increasingly clear that, not only did he have this very Jewish upbringing, but he never moved quite as far away from his roots as it may appear at first.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Jewish Mythology Topics
Related searchesfingerprint timeline
racial memory genetic memory
downtown cleveland flats east bank
saturn automobile history