A selection of articles related to jewish origins.
Original articles from our library related to the Jewish Origins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jewish Origins.
- Judaism: An Overview
- Judaism, the fundamental religion of the Jews, is the oldest and purely monotheistic religion of the world.
Religions >> Judaism
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Yom Kippur
- Yom Kippur is the day when God handed to Moses the second set of the Ten Commandments. This occurred after the completion of the second 40 days of guidance from God.
Religions >> Judaism
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- An Opinion on Magick
- When I decided to write an article on magick I didn’t quite foresee what a difficult subject it was to write about. Magick, (real magick, not the tricks that David Copperfield does) is still considered to be somewhat of a taboo subject. Even in this...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
Jewish Origins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jewish Origins books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Origins of Jewish Last Names in Turov
- The history of the origins of Jewish last names provides a wealth of enlightening information.
- Americans of Jewish Origin in an Era of Intermarriage: An Overview
- Americans of Jewish origin—the phrase itself is awkward and unfamiliar.
- January, 2005 THE QUESTION OF JEWISH IDENTITY AND
- The questions of Jewish identity and of Ethiopian Jewish origins are both “hot topics” these days. How do they relate to each other?
- LEVITICAL MESSIANOLOGY IN LATE JUDAISM: ORIGINS
- I. BACKGROUND.
Suggested News Resources
- Billy Joel Discusses His German Jewish Origins
- While Billy Joel's Jewish linage is well documented, back on June 4th, 1995 in a concert in Nuremberg, Germany, Joel discussed his Jewish origins, his upbringing and family life with his audience.
- Unorthodox wedding
- "For many reasons this is difficult: grandmothers' birth certificates are often lost and the communist regime was not tolerant to any manifestations of ethnicity so people tried to blend in and not show their Jewish origins.
- Ask the Rabbi: Is non-Jewish music allowed for prayers?
- The Sages similarly debated whether any rituals with definitive Jewish origins remained permissible if there were analogous practices among idolaters (Sanhedrin 52b).
- Lesbian Surrealist Photographer Cahun Is Feted in Paris: Jorg von Uthmann
- Unconcerned by her partly Jewish origins, which already put her life at risk, she joined the Resistance. In 1944, after she was interrogated by the Gestapo and her house was vandalized, Cahun tried to kill herself.
Suggested Web Resources
- Judaism 101: The Patriarchs and the Origins of Judaism
- The story of the origins of Judaism, from Abraham to the Children of Israel, discussing the lives of the Patriarchs.
- The Origin of the Jews - Part One
- The Origins of the Jews. By Yossi Schwartz. Part One.
- Global Politician - The Origin of the Jewish People and the Land of
- The Origin of the Jewish People and the Land of Canaan. David Storobin, Esq. - 5/10/2006.