- The Jesuit, the Monk, and the Malaise of the West
- There was, however, another way in which the Joachimite vision manifests itself: this is the idea that secularization is not just inevitable but even represents a type of fulfillment of Christianity.
- The real foundations of secular ideologies
- None of this, however, would have surprised de Lubac, for the simple reason that he understood that the religious impulse cannot be eliminated in man. It can only be diverted—or perverted—from its natural end.
- Spaces of Apocalyptic
- Aquinas and Bonaventure enlist Augustine against Joachimite enthusiasm, but in doing so they construct him, anachronistically, as “an ecclesiastical theologian.
- Apocalyptic Trinity
- It means recovering the Joachimite Trinitarianism that comes to modern expression in Hegel and Marx. This is “an evolving Trinity, one whose destiny is an absolute apocalypse, an actual destiny only made possible by an actual beginning or an actual origin.
- The Man Who Invented the Future
- Joachimite ideas can be found at the root of the millennia fantasies of the European religious wars, and were secularized in the period of the French Revolution by figures like the Marquis de Condorcet and Auguste Comte. The latter even managed to ...
Joachimites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Joachimites books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheskundalini techniques
list of megachurches united states
flavius atius assassination
tahir-ul-qadri his life
tragicomedy tragicomedy in film