A selection of articles related to jonas salk.
Original articles from our library related to the Jonas Salk. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Jonas Salk.
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art...
New Testament >> Luke
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 After these things Jesus showed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise showed he himself. 21:2 There were together Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would show them a sign from heaven. 16:2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. 16:3 And in the...
New Testament >> Matthew
Jonas Salk is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Jonas Salk books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Jonas Salk, Officier: Recalling a Medical Hero
- Jonas Salk, Officier: Recalling a Medical Hero. By Caitlin M. Hawke, Chevalier.
- Jonas Salk: Introduction - Mosdos Press
- Jonas Salk (1914-1995) was the first scientist to create a safe and effective polio ... Book: Jonas Salk: Creator of the Polio Vaccine (Great Minds of Science).
- 9D Jonas Salk was born in New York City on October 28, 1914. His ...
- Jonas Salk was the first member of his family to go to college. He wanted to ... In 1947, after eight long years of work, Salk developed a vaccine against polio, a.
- Inside Salk - Salk Institute
- 4 The Legacy of Jonas Salk. INSTITUTE NEWS. 12 One on one with…Nicola Allen.
- JONAS E. SALK SCHOLARSHIPS - CUNY
- The Jonas E. Salk Scholarships were created by the Board of Estimate of the City of New York in 1955 to honor the City College graduate who developed the ...
Suggested News Resources
- Dr. Salk's polio vaccine
- Mashable. Header_share_logo.v2 Header_logo.
- Regional History Day winners
- Second place: “Jonas Salk: Exploring Medicine Using Innovative Ideas and Encountering Success,” Destiny George and Adriana Ramirez, Joplin South Middle School. Third place: “The California Gold Rush and the Exploration of San Francisco,” Garrett ...
- Happy Anniversary of the First Mass Inoculations Against Polio
- Next time you plunge into a public swimming pool, take a moment to think of Jonas Salk, the man behind the polio vaccine. On this day in 1954, he launched the first mass inoculations against the much-feared virus. And, well, how many people do you know ...
- Pine Township Historical Society seeks new members
- Salk developed the vaccine after doing research on serum and blood cells drawn from chickens, mice, horses and goats that once lived on a farm later purchased by Pine Township for Pine Community Park. On Jonas Salk Day, more than 100 people showed ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Jonas Salk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Jonas Edward Salk was an American medical researcher and virologist. He discovered and developed the first successful polio vaccine. Born in New York City, ...
- About Jonas Salk - Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Jonas Edward Salk was born October 28, 1914 in New York City, the eldest of three sons to Russian-Jewish immigrants Daniel and Dora Salk. The first member ...
- Jonas Salk Biography -- Academy of Achievement
- Sep 21, 2015 This burden of fear was lifted forever when it was announced that Dr. Jonas Salk had developed a vaccine against the disease. Salk became ...
- Jonas Salk - Scientist, Doctor - Biography.com
- Trace the achievements of Jonas Salk, the American physician and medical researcher who developed the first safe and effective polio vaccine, ...
- A Science Odyssey: People and Discoveries: Jonas Salk - PBS
- Short biographical profile and photograph of Salk at work. From PBS.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.