A selection of articles related to julian calendar.
Original articles from our library related to the Julian Calendar. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Julian Calendar.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Celtic Gods of Mainland Europe
- Speakers of Celtic languages once dominated a swath of Europe stretching from Spain to areas of modern-day Turkey. At various times in their heyday from 500 to 100 B.C., these Celtic peoples controlled what is now France, southern Germany, northern Italy,...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Origin of the Zodiac Signs
- Zodiac is that imaginary belt encircling the earth through which the sun, moon, and the planets pass during the year.
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Chinese Zodiac Signs: An Overview
- Chinese zodiac presented the character of persons born under each sign in twelve consecutive years. Each year are represented by the twelve animals, as follows
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Water Wisdon
- If you are lucky enough to live near mineral springs that naturally flow from the EarthMother's body, then you are lucky enough. If you do not live near mineral springs, locate some somewhere and make a pilgrimage there (weekly, monthly, annually, as often...
The Elements >> Water
Julian Calendar is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Julian Calendar books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Julian Calendar 2016 - Quadax
- Julian Calendar. 1. 2.
- Julian Date Calendar - USDA
- JULIAN DATE CALENDAR. (PERPETUAL). Day Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Day.
- 442 PERPETUAL JULIAN CALENDAR
- APPENDIX B. INVESTIGATIONS OPERATIONS MANUAL 2015. 442.
- julian date calendar - Eden Foods
- JULIAN DATE CALENDAR. (PERPETUAL). Day.
Suggested News Resources
- Genealogy: Use of Julian, Gregorian calendars may muddle some dates
- In 46 B.C., Roman emperor Julius Caesar ordered that the calendars be corrected.
- This Surprising Fact About George Washington Will Make You See This Day In A
- That's because he was born under a different calendar system. On his birth certificate, George Washington was recorded as being born Feb. 11, 1731.
- TODAY IN HISTORY: The Gregorian Calendar
- In 46 BC, Julius Caesar introduced the Julian calendar which took effect in 45 BC. It replaced the Roman calendar that had been used since the founding of Rome.
Suggested Web Resources
- Julian calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Julian calendar, introduced by Julius Caesar in 46 BC (708 AUC), was a reform of the Roman calendar. It took effect in 45 BC (709 AUC), shortly after the ...
- The Julian Calendar - Timeanddate.com
- The Julian calendar reformed the Pre-Julian Roman calendar and consists of three cycles of 365-day years followed by a 366-day leap year.
- The Julian and Gregorian Calendars - Hermetic Systems
- The Julian Calendar, the Gregorian reform and its adoption, astronomical year numbering, the Julian and the Gregorian Proleptic Calendars, and the accuracy ...
- The Christian Calendar | Calendars - Webexhibits
- The Julian calendar was introduced by Julius Caesar (sculpture at right) in 45 B.C.E.